Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Embarrassing.

Only done so the person responsible gets a few likes on his Facebook page.

Don't speak for anyone else, sign off the letter from the loser that wrote it. You do not speak for anyone else with those words.

Getting sick of this shit now. That letter has annoyed me more than fabian delph ever has.

Sad.

I'm gutted about it, but I'm under no illusion. Milner, Barry and Downing were all better players, established internationals when they left us.

He is replaceable and in truth he was the spine of a poor Villa team.

You won't be missed by me Fabian.

• Like 1

Completely missed all this. Thought he left last week :lol:

Wonder how many on the thread spilling bile will be contributing to his wages with their Sky & BT subscriptions? I suppose it's easier to rant then have principles.

• Like 1

There is nothing like an hysterical overreaction to put your own disappointment into persective.

So Delph's principles didn't quite prove strong enough when they were tested; nothing new there.

My own conclusion is that the overreaction has more to do with the fans' lack of faith in Villa's ability to find a suitable replacement, rather than because Delph was such a great player.

The club definitely seem to have continued their habit of buying dear and selling cheap, judging by the fee.

Completely missed all this. Thought he left last week :lol:

Wonder how many on the thread spilling bile will be contributing to his wages with their Sky & BT subscriptions? I suppose it's easier to rant then have principles.

haha, not me that's for sure

Agreed he still looks slightly confused about if he's done the right thing.

Is he on twitter ? I can't find his account. I wanted to send him some firm but fair abuse. 

I cannot and will not pretend I'm not gutted about him going though. His bursting runs from midfield, that little trick he does to beat a man, his amazingly relentless energy

#player. 

Which add up to.........drum roll........3 goals and 5 assists in 81 PL appearances.  I'm sure we will get over it. 

He's a DM. Would you judge say Sergio Busquets on the number of assists and goals he gets? Saying he's crap now he's gone shows about the same amount as class as Delph has over the last week.

Easily replaceable? I wish Villa the best of luck with that. 

I never said he was crap, just replaceable.  You are right, goals and assists doesn't tell  the whole story regarding his defensive qualities etc., but Delph also had an offensive role and 3 goals and 5 assists is pretty poor you must admit?  I think we have a decent defensive midfield with Gueye, Westwood, Sánchez; we need more creativity and goals (especially with no Benteke) and looking at these stats I don’t think they would come from Delph.  Just my view.

That letter in the Birminghm Mail is a **** embarrassment.

That's the kind of thing we see other clubs do and rip the piss out of them for it.

I'm tempted to write one back to save face.

That letter is ultra pathetic.

I'm now dropping out of this thread. I've said why I feel he is a snake. Now I move on and support the manager and the players we get in who are committed to what we want to do, who won't shit on the fans.

UTV.

• Like 2

Urgh that letter is complete cringe!!!

I'm really not bothered by Delph going. He really wasn't that great, at all.

Most replaceable player we've lost to a "bigger" club by far.

Yorke, Barry, Milner, Young, Downing influenced games much more than Delph ever has.

One thing that sticks out from that interview (apart from him being the least charismatic man in the world), "I'm local, I live in Leeds", says the former Aston Villa captain. He lived in Leeds while he played for us?!

Pretty sure he lived around Sutton. Saw him a few times out and about doing his grocery shopping etc.

Â