Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I don't normally like Jack Whitehall, but he tweeted:

"Good luck to Fabian Delph on his year off"

Made me chuckle :D

Sad thing is it will probably end up being true, i mean he'll be set for life by that point anyway but such a waste.

Delph made 81 PL appearances in the last 3 seasons scoring 3 goals and making just 5 assists; one goal every 27 games is not irreplaceable!

i was mocked last week when I said Steve Sidwell Mr.Average himself had 11 goals and 3 assists in same timeframe

Firstly, I'd like to thank Delph for ruining my Summer of Not Getting Pissed Off At Football.

Look, I try to be a realist when it comes to players. As far as I'm concerned, players are under no obligation to love the club. I cringe a little when I see players kissing the club badge on their shirt because we all know that what they really love is the acclaim of the crowd, and if they were given a chance at a bigger pay cheque there's hardly any of them that wouldn't snap your hand off. They're employees, paid to do a job, and expecting them to love the club like we fans do is a bit like expecting someone flipping burgers to love Ronald McDonald.

But given that that's the case, and I think we all know that's the case, don't give us this bullshit about how loyal you are. Don't carry on at every opportunity about how much you love the club and how great you think the fans are and how much your actions prove the kind of man you are. Delph leaving for a "bigger" club/paycheque is no worse than any other player leaving any other club for the same reason, but it's the way he's acted about it that leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

Also, I think he's an idiot. I mean, it's not like he's moved to a club that has a track record of buying up promising young english players on the cheap and then sitting on them for years until their career has got completely sidetracked while buying in more expensive European players over their head, is it?

I just want to get this of my chest Delph should just stick to playing football and not talking to the press as every time he opens his mouth he ends up putting his foot in it. Though I accept that he was noble in signing a contract he didn't need to but in all honesty it was the least he could do for a club that stood by him through a never ending list of false starts due to injury. We at least deserved some form of restitution for the seasons lost to injury. So when he did finally get a run of games then we in the end saw the guy we paid £6 million for back in 2009 yep six years ago and he managed just three season of football in that time and was well paid for being injured.

2009-2010 played 9 games 

2010-2011 played 0 games

2011-2012 played 11 games

2012-2013 played 24 games (signed new contract i think)

2013-2014 played 34 games 

2014-2015 played 28 games 

so looking at this you can see why anything but signing a new contract would have been downright criminal

For those without speakers, sick bag or rotten veg to throw let me give you the highlights.

In it Delp claim he has supported Man City since he could walk having grown up watching Wanchope.

He says he was born in Moss Side and had an Oasis haircut was 16.

He then goes on to say that Mangala is the finest CB he has ever seen and that he rides a unicorn to training ever day.

For those without speakers, sick bag or rotten veg to throw let me give you the highlights.

In it Delp claim he has supported Man City since he could walk having grown up watching Wanchope.

He says he was born in Moss Side and had an Oasis haircut was 16.

He then goes on to say that Mangala is the finest CB he has ever seen and that he rides a unicorn to training ever day.

Was he at Wembley to watch the Gillingham game too?

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

It might be me but every picture of him at I have seen so far since he left and thoughout that video it looks like he doesn't quite know if he's done the right thing or that maybe he not sure he's made the right choice. Think he was pushed into this by agent/fam maybe as much as he might have wanted it himself

Look he would be absolutely stupid not to test himself as the highest level. I don't think there's many Villa fans who would disagree with that. But to spout about loyalty of other footballers while putting a very low clause in his contract has made him look a right prick. Then reiterate said loyalty and change his mind 6 days later has just made him look a right dick.

As all the stats have proved Delph won't be too difficult to replace, there wasn't a rush to sign him in January, or when they found out his buy out clause. City need English players to bolster their squad, that's the only reason they bought him.

It might be me but every picture of him at I have seen so far since he left and thoughout that video it looks like he doesn't quite know if he's done the right thing or that maybe he not sure he's made the right choice. Think he was pushed into this by agent/fam maybe as much as he might have wanted it himself

Agree - he doesn't look at all excited at signing for the 2nd biggest team in Manchester

Agreed he still looks slightly confused about if he's done the right thing.

Is he on twitter ? I can't find his account. I wanted to send him some firm but fair abuse. 

I cannot and will not pretend I'm not gutted about him going though. His bursting runs from midfield, that little trick he does to beat a man, his amazingly relentless energy. 

#player. 

Â