Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Hope he is plagued by injuries for the next 3 years before finally being given the chance to get his career back on track at Sunderland before going down with them to the Championship.

• Like 2

It smacks of Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell when they went to Chelsea (respectively), we all know how that ended up.

I am trying for the life of me to figure out what function "respectively" plays in that sentence.

• Like 4

It smacks of Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell when they went to Chelsea, we all know how that ended up.

Better. I also would have accepted "It smacks of Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell when they went to Chelsea and Chelsea (respectively), we all know how that ended up."

Now, about your use of a comma instead of a semi-colon or full stop...

There's nothing wrong with that original sentence GENTLEMAN, it just doesn't need the brackets.

Saying 'Chelsea and Cheslea respectively' is just duplicating for the sake of it.

There's nothing wrong with that original sentence GENTLEMAN, it just doesn't need the brackets.

Saying 'Chelsea and Cheslea respectively' is just duplicating for the sake of it.

thatsthejoke.jpg

(The original sentence was "It smacks of Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell when they went to Chelsea (respectively), we all know how that ended up," and that's what I was commenting on. There's obviously no need to use "respectively" in the case of two people who went to the same place. Shall we get back to talking about what a tool Fabian Delph is?)

Edited by JamieZ

A song for Fabian

There was a snake called Fabian, he always said so much

He lied, he hissed, he talked complete shit and now he’s f**king gone

We hate you with a passion cuz your a f**king hunt [replace h with c]

Oh Fabian f**king snake, your worst than those blues scum

To much hate????

• Like 1

The song about him at Walsall yesterday was class. Hope it gets a few airings this year , especially when we play them .

Fabian Delphs a rocket polisher , he wears a rocket polishers hat

He said that he was loyal but he is a a f**&ing clearing in the woods.

There's still loyalty in football, that is what he said,

Now we all hope Ciaran Clark kicks him in the head. ( or beaks his f**&ing legs ) 

I guess the fact you guys are still going on about him, shows how valuable he was to the team. 

No, just shows that we do not like being lied too as far as I am concerned . Lets see how he does in a better team.I think he will get showed up big time in my opinion.

• Like 1

All this wanting him physically hurt is sick in my view.

I wouldn't actually wish serious injury or ill health on the word removed but I'll unashamedly take pleasure from every pulled hammy, twisted ankle or even broken leg he ever suffers as a footballer.

Yes but if he was a crap player fans wouldn't be bothered. Its really making him seem very important. All this wanting him physically hurt is sick in my view. 

I understand you're taking the higher ground here but we are playing around with a few chants to welcome him to VP, what's the big deal?  Of course he's not crap (we all know that) but that's not really the point is it? The majority of fans are pissed with him for his shocking behaviour and for good reason.  I was at the game yesterday and there were a few songs attempted about him, which I thought were pretty crap.  So I put forward what I thought was a better version which (for what it's worth) says nothing about him getting hurt. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

I normally never would like to see a player seriously hurt except a rare few which Delph has slithered onto that list which includes Joey Barton, Robbie Savage, Suarez and John Terry

Headline from The Mail on Sunday today "I did it for my kids":   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3174636/Fabian-Delph-says-family-forefront-decision-join-Manchester-City-midfielder-lifts-lid-Aston-Villa-exit.html

No you did it for yourself!

He does not have a lot to say about us does he?   

not only did he bring Richards in for abuse now he bringing his kids in. Classy guy

Â