Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'm obviously nowhere near as angry as most in here.

I'd say he probably deeply regrets the manner in which this has all happened.  Yes it's through his own doing, but still.  He probably even thinks he's a bit of a dick now, based on the manner of his Citeh interview.  If he could do it all again I'd say there's no doubt he'd just move first time around and it would have prevented the whole deeply-regrettable loyalty spiel and the embarrassing u-turn.

I don't actually think he's a bad bloke.  Quite the opposite.  He thought enough of us to have second thoughts.  To have that crisis of conscience and then eventually and correctly decided on what was best for him.  But it can't have been easy to say no to City the first time.  I really don't think he has moved for the money. I think he's someone who tried to keep everyone happy, and that simply doesn't work.  He ultimately made the best decision for himself, but not before plenty of soul-searching that most players wouldn't have bothered with.

I've no hard feelings and I hope and expect he goes there and is a revelation surrounded by those players. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he usurped one of Fernando or Fernandinho in that midfield.

It's a pity it ended the way it did because he's a huge reason we're still in the Premier League.  It has clearly left a bitter taste in most people's mouths but for me the whole u-u-turn actually shows me how difficult it was for him to leave us for the glitz and glamour of City and that tells me something (positive) about the guy.  We should have been patting him on the back, thanking him for his service and wishing him well in his next chapter.  But here we are.

Ultimately he's going to get pelters off the Villa faithful though, which is a bit of a pity IMO but that's the nature of the beast.

And as for the thread title.  I think it's petty, it's pathetic and I thought we were better than that.

Spoil sport.

If I were a Man City fan I'd be so disappointed with the signing of Delph. Frankly, I think it's a bit of an embarrassing signing for them.

Man United go and sign world cup winner Sweinsteiger (sp) and Man City buy Delph. Even Sneiderlin (sp) is a much better signing than Delph.

Man City have all that money and really struggle to spend it imo. Delph isn't good enough to help them win the league, or progress in the Champions League.

I understand why Delph went but jesus christ citeh, buy someone who's actually going to improve your first team for once instead of buying new backups!

When was the last time Man City actually signed a player who was better than they currently had? Nasri?

Edited by PieFacE

But them signing Delph for £8m is like us signing Richardson on a free last season.

He's just making up the numbers. If he turns out to be good then that's great. If not then it's peanuts to them. He's a cheap and reliable squad member.

Sterling was the marquee signing.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

And as for the thread title.  I think it's petty, it's pathetic and I thought we were better than that.

I think you underestimate how important hatred is in football.

Ask a fan who they like and they will mildly point out which players they have a bit of a soft-spot for.

But ask them who they hate and their teeth begin to grind, fists clench, eyes bulge and veins start standing out in people's necks.

Hate is overwhelmingly the dominant emotion when it comes to football.  :D

But them signing Delph for £8m is like us signing Richardson on a free last season.

He's just making up the numbers. If he turns out to be good then that's great. If not then it's peanuts to them. He's a cheap and reliable squad member.

I know what you're saying, but for me that area of their team is pretty weak. They need a world class player to play there, not Delph.

They can't still depend on Yaya now that they know how much of a diva he is. They need a player like Pogba.

Now if they go get Pogba where does that leave Delph? 4th or 5th choice in a 2 man midfield?

I dunno, we shall wait and see, if they think Delph is the answer to their problems then they have a shock awaiting them. They already need to be replacing him imo.

I know what you're saying, but for me that area of their team is pretty weak. They need a world class player to play there, not Delph.

They can't still depend on Yaya now that they know how much of a diva he is. They need a player like Pogba.

Now if they go get Pogba where does that leave Delph? 4th or 5th choice in a 2 man midfield?

I dunno, we shall wait and see, if they think Delph is the answer to their problems then they have a shock awaiting them. They already need to be replacing him imo.

it'll leave him ahead of fernando still, and zuculini

he ticks the box and IMO at the moment in a 3 man midfield he's 3rd choice along with fernandinho and toure, there are a couple of better players such as nasri but the reality is they didnt play him every week last year and they wont this year either

their midfield is weak though, toure is hit and miss, fernandinho and delph are both ok, fernando is shite, zuculini is untested, nasri is powder puff, they could do with another 2 midfielders of proper international quality

Yaya started their season hit and miss and then there was all that hilarity over the birthday cake, which you would assume was just an elaborate play at justifying a move away. But he finished the season, from about midway onwards, like the proverbial train that he is.  I expect we'll see more of that Yaya than the scorned one next season.  Like Stevo, I also think Delph will play more than some expect, maybe even some Citeh fans expect.

Just for the record I'm not saying Delph wont get games, i'm just saying that they should be aiming for much better players than Delph if they have any ambition of winning the league/champions league. 

I'm sure Delph will play plenty, I'm sure Man City will finish 3rd and I'm sure they wont get out the group stage of the Champions League*

*providing they don't go and sign a few world class players now. 

yeah if I was a City fan I be pissed too, this is the equivalent of us chasing Champions League and MON signing bloody Habib Beye

Chasing WIlshire and Pogba all summer and end up with Fabian Delph

• Like 2

Â