Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm glad that Virgin has banned the Mail, but it doesn't mean I like Virgin. 

Better? 

No. You can't like anything Virgin do because they've done some things that offend your sensibilities. You can now never credit them for anything, lest you be a big dirty hypocrite.

It's almost like an inverted version of 'reductio ad Hitlerum'. Hitler loved dogs, Hitler killed millions, therefore nobody can like dogs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

On the Heil discussion, it should be borne in mind that it's website is bizarrely popular, which has kept it more relevant than other papers (despite Dacre claiming the entities are unrelated, when it suits him).

Isn't it the most popular news website in the world?

I sometimes browse it... mainly to keep up to date on Rita Ora's whereabouts...

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Isn't it the most popular news website in the world?

I sometimes browse it... mainly to keep up to date on Rita Ora's whereabouts...

strange one her .. in some pics she's a def 7 /10 but in others she's like a 2/10 WNB

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

ok so we disagree with virgin over running a crap and expenses rail franchise at the tax payers expense

disagree with their myogenic behaviour

disagree with them profiting from the NHS ..indeed even suing the NHS over a lost contract

Disagree with them over their tax evasion

but all is forgiven  cause we agree with Virgin over banning the Mail from their trains  ... the timing of which was days after the Mail wrote a damming article about Virgin Trains .. but I'm sure that was just a  coincidence

The problem here is 'all is forgiven'. It isn't, but I absolutely don't care that they have stopped selling the Mail. 

If Mail readers don't like it, they can travel another way. Let the market decide. I thought their readership agreed with that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

strange one her .. in some pics she's a def 7 /10 but in others she's like a 2/10 WNB

My wife often watches America’s Next Top Model, a reality show of wannabe models (which I occasionally sit through, because of all the bewbs). Rita Ora was the presenter/judge for one season, and she did my head in by never pronouncing her ‘t’s. I felt like it was an exaggeration of her English accent, to sound more appealing to the yanks.. but also... how can she be not pronouncing Ts, when there’s one in her name!!

Stupid Ri’a Ora

Lets be Honest Virgin have only banned the Heil because Branson is a huge remainer. Pity he does it now when its all over bar the shouting instead of 3 years ago.

Yes its good in a way too late kind of way

Branson is still a twunt

The Heil is still an awful hate rag

Not much has changed

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Count me in with the Rita Ora Is Not Particularly Attractive camp. Can't see the appeal at all. 

Yep. I am with you MJ & ICS.

Shes been round the block more times than a tramps dog.

Much more classier women out there.

• Like 1

Rita Ora is a good example of someone who I know is good looking and I have no doubt that if she walked into my local I’d be staring at her until I was politely asked not to by whatever entourage she would have with her.

But she doesn’t really do anything for me. But that’s probably because I’m not comparing her to “real life” women, I’m comparing her to other famous women who I find more attractive.

So in summary, yes I think she’s good looking, but she’s not really my type. I could probably name a hundred more women I find more attractive.

• Like 1

Â