Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On the Heil discussion, it should be borne in mind that it's website is bizarrely popular, which has kept it more relevant than other papers (despite Dacre claiming the entities are unrelated, when it suits him).

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

On the Heil discussion, it should be borne in mind that it's website is bizarrely popular, which has kept it more relevant than other papers (despite Dacre claiming the entities are unrelated, when it suits him).

Yep. I know more than a handful of people who would never read the paper, but love the website. mostly for the garbage celeb gossip.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. I know more than a handful of people who would never read the paper, but love the website. mostly for the garbage celeb gossip.

Walking around our office at lunchtime, glancing at the monitors, anyone not actively working will either shopping or reading the Heil online. I'd hazard a guess it'd be at least 70% in the Heil's favour too.

I genuinely don't understand it. It's garbage. It's the Sun for those who like to be teased a bit more for their tits and want to pretend they're above a gutter rag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It is bizarrely popular but only becasue it is free online I suspect.  No paywall or ad blocker messing about as they are so desperate for anyone to read it.

Nobody with a fully working brain would pay for it though.

had a quick look at the website just now  ... Anna Friel is looking old

amusing though when Virgin are seeing as the moral crusaders for the right on left .. that would be Virgin who responded to a tweet form a  woman complaining that she was called "Honey" at the ticket office with .. Sorry for the mess up Emily, would you prefer ‘pet’ or ‘love’ next time?  ... though presumably the Heil haters boycott virgin trains as well  rather than be hypocrites  

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

amusing though when Virgin are seeing as the moral crusaders for the right on left .. that would be Virgin who responded to a tweet form a  woman complaining that she was called "Honey" at the ticket office with .. Sorry for the mess up Emily, would you prefer ‘pet’ or ‘love’ next time?  ... though presumably the Heil haters boycott virgin trains as well  rather than be hypocrites  

It's almost as if people are able to agree with people/organisations about some things, but disagree with them, or even strongly object, about other things.

I don't really see that as hypocrisy.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It's almost as if people are able to agree with people/organisations about some things, but disagree with them, or even strongly object, about other things.

ok so we disagree with virgin over running a crap and expenses rail franchise at the tax payers expense

disagree with their myogenic behaviour

disagree with them profiting from the NHS ..indeed even suing the NHS over a lost contract

Disagree with them over their tax evasion

but all is forgiven  cause we agree with Virgin over banning the Mail from their trains  ... the timing of which was days after the Mail wrote a damming article about Virgin Trains .. but I'm sure that was just a  coincidence

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ok so we disagree with virgin over running a crap and expenses rail franchise at the tax payers expense

disagree with their myogenic behaviour

disagree with them profiting from the NHS ..indeed even suing the NHS over a lost contract

Disagree with them over their tax evasion

but all is forgiven  cause we agree with Virgin over banning the Mail from their trains  ... the timing of which was days after the Mail wrote a damming article about Virgin Trains .. but I'm sure that was just a  coincidence

Who's forgiving them for misogyny or tax evasion? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Churchill was glad that Stalin beat Hitler.

I'm glad Virgin have dropped the Mail. That doesn't mean I love Virgin. 

Churchill wasn't posting on Twitter that anyone who read the works of Hitler was a racist moron  whilst ignoring Stalin's genocide though

P.s

Stalin didn't beat Hitler  , the Allies did  ...Stalin  couldn't have won without America lend- lease our dominance over the Luftwaffe a million troops being tied up in Italy and so on and so on   , I thought you out of anyone would have known that

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Churchill wasn't posting on Twitter that anyone who read the works of Hitler was a racist moron  whilst ignoring Stalin's genocide though

P.s

Stalin didn't beat Hitler  , the Allies did  ...Stalin  couldn't have won without America lend- lease our dominance over the Luftwaffe a million troops being tied up in Italy and so on and so on   , I thought you out of anyone would have known that

Oh FFS. OK, then. Churchill was glad when Hitler invaded the Soviet Union, as it meant that the combined might of the Allies would eventually overcome Nazi Germany. During this period, he suspended espionage against the Soviet Union, on the basis that "We don't spy on our friends", and took every opportunity to portray Stalin as "Uncle Joe". In other words, the 1940s equivalent of posting on Twitter that anyone who read the works of Hitler was a racist moron  whilst ignoring Stalin's genocide. Or, to put it another way, I'm glad that Virgin has banned the Mail, but it doesn't mean I like Virgin. 

Better? 

• Like 4

Â