Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

17 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Getting to the tills and only then finding out that the pair of shoes I was in the middle of buying were half price.

I once bought a jacket in a sale, that had been successively reduced from £150 to £75, and then had a final reduction tag of £25, and was exactly what I wanted, so I was quite excited to be getting such a bargain. Took it to the till, the shopgirl scanned the code and said it was £5. Result. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Getting to the tills and only then finding out that the pair of shoes I was in the middle of buying were half price.

Had to take them back in the end, look nice but not the right fit. Ah well.

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Had to take them back in the end, look nice but not the right fit. Ah well.

I hate buying shoes as I find that only about 20% that I buy I actually keep.

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Watching villa relegate coventry, on sky sports soccer special. That dick head with the "We'll be back" sign.  All I keep hearing from people is how big coventry city are :wacko:  

Ive heard that Coventry is a lovely place, a must to visit if you go to England.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 13:01, Xela said:

I know its not good for you but sometimes an ice cold can of full sugar Coca-Cola is delightful! 

Surely you know the glass bottle is the pinnacle of Coca-Cola.

When I want to treat myself I get a 6 pack for about 4 quid from the supermarket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Surely you know the glass bottle is the pinnacle of Coca-Cola.

When I want to treat myself I get a 6 pack for about 4 quid from the supermarket.

I think @mjmooney and myself talked about this a week or so back... glass bottle followed by can followed in a distant third by a plastic bottle. 

For some reason drinks taste absolute shit out of a plastic bottle. 

I haven't seen glass bottles of Coke in the shops for a while?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think @mjmooney and myself talked about this a week or so back... glass bottle followed by can followed in a distant third by a plastic bottle. 

For some reason drinks taste absolute shit out of a plastic bottle. 

I haven't seen glass bottles of Coke in the shops for a while?

I agree with that order definitely. Coke out of a glass bottle completely changes it for me and does give you that tonic feel, I can see why people thought of it that way 100 years ago.

They sell them in my local Morrison's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Should still be readily selling glass bottles, if only because they can be recycled.  Even cans are better!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a big(ger) campaign against the excessive use of plastics.

Yes, that's fair. I suppose it's about price as much as anything, but glass would definitely be better. Maybe we should start a campaign. 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Should still be readily selling glass bottles, if only because they can be recycled.  Even cans are better!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a big(ger) campaign against the excessive use of plastics.

I think this is a pure transportation thing. The added weight of glass is enormous. Recycling-wise glass would be much better as it will be reused the same way, in some cases just cleaned instead of melted again. Even though we recycle PET-plastic it usually doesn't go back to being bottles again but rather some other use.

• Like 1

Â