Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

I think this is a pure transportation thing. The added weight of glass is enormous. Recycling-wise glass would be much better as it will be reused the same way, in some cases just cleaned instead of melted again. Even though we recycle PET-plastic it usually doesn't go back to being bottles again but rather some other use.

Yea, just read this too.. hmmm..

https://www.theplasticbottlescompany.com/glass-plastic-better-environment/  

s Glass Or Plastic Better For The Environment?

Most people would say that plastic bottles are an environmental problem especially when they are discarded in oceans or littering tourist trails. However, they are not a problem if they are recycled or reused.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was watching that report earlier and she said 'It's not about getting more money, I've never even asked for a payrise' and thought, perhaps that's as much a problem when it comes to your inequal pay as sexual discrimination.  Obviously pay should be as fair as possible but I'm sure George Sopell would have been headhunted by Sky or ITV at some stage and used it to negotiate a higher salary with the Beeb.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Rita Ora's Instagram. Yowzer!

If I was rich I'd definitely pay her to sleep with me... I mean ask her out. 

Perhaps her Instagram account is just really a cry for help; a plea for a decent guy to look after her and respect her for WHO she is.....a guy like you @Xela....... an honest and 100% stand-up bloke.

......who wants to DHUTWU :P

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Rita Ora's Instagram. Yowzer!

If I was rich I'd definitely pay her to sleep with me... I mean ask her out. 

Yes I seen the post about the last day of her holiday ... hanging around in a bra ...she looked upset ..

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

39601977541_e543840e7a.jpg

(didn't even have to edit it!)

i’d Imagine   behind “I’m not a labour supporter but.... “ , “I’m not a daily mail reader but ...“ must be the second most popular phrase in VT 

I’ve often wondered if the Heil would go out of business if the lefties stopped reading it just so they can be outraged by it..

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

i’d Imagine   behind “I’m not a labour supporter but.... “ , “I’m not a daily mail reader but ...“ must be the second most popular phrase in VT 

I’ve often wondered if the Heil would go out of business if the lefties stopped reading it just so they can be outraged by it..

Haven't bought any newspaper in years.

Can't go on the Heil website as this is a works laptop and they take a dim view of websites with long lense shots of kids in bikinis.

But you can't avoid seeing their scared gammon faced front pages.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Haven't bought any newspaper in years.

Yeah , likewise

Properly more for the things you often wonder thread but with the decline of people buying papers , are there thousands of unemployed butlers on the dole whose only life skills was ironing a newspaper ?

• Haha 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Yeah , likewise

Properly more for the things you often wonder thread but with the decline of people buying papers , are there thousands of unemployed butlers on the dole whose only life skills was ironing a newspaper ?

nah, she does does a bit more baking and dusting

I’m always amazed by the amount of people at my work, that I would consider as intellectual and reasonable, that read the Daily Mail. I think a lot of it is them wanting to pass the time with some tacky celebrity gossip. 

Edited by Rob182

Â