Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, choffer said:

The word (place name) Quinton.

I don't know why but I just like the sound of it.

(with thanks for @Rob182 for reminding me of the fact)

I like the word (place name) Quinborne too.

I completely forgot about this place until a few weeks back. It’s in between Quinton and Harborne, which I’m guessing, perhaps wrongly, is how it got it’s name. I don’t know if it’s even a proper place tbh, I just know of a few buildings like a library and community centre that bears it’s name.

• Like 1

Having some stranger shout “who put on this one?” and then congratulating me on my choice of song on the jukebox once I’d confirmed it was me.

"Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)” by Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel for those interested. No idea what it is, but blimey that song goes down well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I like the word (place name) Quinborne too.

I completely forgot about this place until a few weeks back. It’s in between Quinton and Harborne, which I’m guessing, perhaps wrongly, is how it got it’s name. I don’t know if it’s even a proper place tbh, I just know of a few buildings like a library and community centre that bears it’s name.

I used to play chess at a club in Quinbourne. One of the people who regularly attended was a brummie who once embarrassed and beat World Chess champion Karpov with 1...a6 (The late great Tony Miles)

7 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Having some stranger shout “who put on this one?” and then congratulating me on my choice of song on the jukebox once I’d confirmed it was me.

"Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)” by Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel for those interested. No idea what it is, but blimey that song goes down well.

It's the guitar solo. Specifically, the half second pause just before it kicks in. 

I get into work at ridiculous o'clock and there is only ever one other person in for the first hour, a Project Manager who I dislike for trivial reasons, it cheered me up this morning that he just let out an exasperated **** hell, put his coat on and is having to descend from the 4th floor, hopefully for something minor like he left his lights on or he forgot to do something at the hotel next door. This will give me a sense of enormous well being for at least 3 minutes.

• Haha 1

Well it's the morning after and my wife is feeling rough :) then again, I would after 3 bottles of wine. I purposely made her get up first at 6.15, then I lay in bed for an extra half hour. She's lost her car keys and there was a huge puddle of sick outside our house in the middle of the road, so I've made her go out with boiling water and a brush to clean it up. Whilst she was cleaning it up I shouted this is what happens when you drink too much .  I think I might get off my high horse now :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well it's the morning after and my wife is feeling rough :) then again, I would after 3 bottles of wine. I purposely made her get up first at 6.15, then I lay in bed for an extra half hour. She's lost her car keys and there was a huge puddle of sick outside our house in the middle of the road, so I've made her go out with boiling water and a brush to clean it up. Whilst she was cleaning it up I shouted this is what happens when you drink too much .  I think I might get off my high horse now :) 

Careful there golden boy ;)

Try not to rub it in too much.  It doesn't sound like this is a common event, so try not to be too cocky about it. 

23 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Careful there golden boy ;)

Try not to rub it in too much.  It doesn't sound like this is a common event, so try not to be too cocky about it. 

I know I know, it sounds like im coming across all cocky, but I'm only playing with her, I do it all the time. I certainly wasn't going to clean her sick up though, and no way was it getting left. She said she just needed a blow out, so that's fair enough, no damage done. Her other two mates were up until 6 drinking, so atleast she came home at a reasonable time. She says I'm more like her dad than her husband at times :)

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Could well have pissed me off but finding it pretty amusing that we’ve just got an excited 5 year old to bed, only till now remembered that the presents are still in the loft which is accessed from her room, oops.

Good luck with that. Ours are flat out and we are all sorted, presents under tree, plate of milk and food out for Santa and his reindeers. Going to open the quality street shortly.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Good luck with that. Ours are flat out and we are all sorted, presents under tree, plate of milk and food out for Santa and his reindeers. Going to open the quality street shortly.

Santa's a man, not a cat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â