Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 7. januar 2016 at 11:44, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Have been doing surveys on yougov for a while now and never won anything except the £50 every 3/4 months. Just had an email saying id won an ipad for doing an im a celebrity survey, rang them up to confirm it wasnt a scam and they confirmed id won. Turns out even if you tell them how god awful a show is they still actually enter you in the draw. Nice little brucie bonus to start the day off! 

Well, market research would be pretty pointless if they only awarded positive respondents. 

Actually, having worked in market research, it is pretty pointless regardless. Rotten industry. 

Have been doing surveys on yougov for a while now and never won anything except the £50 every 3/4 months. Just had an email saying id won an ipad for doing an im a celebrity survey, rang them up to confirm it wasnt a scam and they confirmed id won. Turns out even if you tell them how god awful a show is they still actually enter you in the draw. Nice little brucie bonus to start the day off! 

Well, market research would be pretty pointless if they only awarded positive respondents. 

Actually, having worked in market research, it is pretty pointless regardless. Rotten industry. 

Have to agree. I barely take notice of my answers, just answer it as quickly as possible and get the points. Nice £50 bonus every now and then.

This made me smile-

Man Sends Selfie To Cops Over 'Terrible' Mugshot

Donald Pugh is wanted over failing to appear in several cases

A man wanted by police in Ohio sent authorities a selfie because he was unhappy with the mugshot being circulated on his arrest warrant.

Donald "Chip" Pugh was wanted for a failure to appear in several cases including arson and vandalism, according to Lima Police Department.

In a post on its Facebook page, Lima Police urged people to contact them if they spotted Pugh - along with an unflattering mugshot of the 45-year-old.

Pugh said this mugshot made him look like a 'Thundercat'.

Pugh then sent an image of himself sitting in a car wearing sunglasses, with the comment: "Here is a better photo that one is terrible."

The fugitive even carried out an interview with Ohio radio station The Eagle, in which he claimed Lima Police "just did me wrong".

He said: "They put a picture out that made me look like I was a Thundercat... or James Brown on the run. I can't do that."

Lima Police responded to the photo, adding: "We thank (Pugh) for being helpful, but now we would appreciate it if he would come speak to us at the (police station) about his charges".

So far Pugh has not been caught.

http://news.sky.com/story/1620588/man-sends-selfie-to-cops-over-terrible-mugshot

Morrisons playing The Velvet Underground, while I was doing my shopping. 

Dunno who does the Morrisons music, but it's rather good (for my generation, anyway). And not always the 'usual suspects'. I heard Dave Mason's "Only You Know And I Know" in there the other day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Dunno who does the Morrisons music, but it's rather good (for my generation, anyway). And not always the 'usual suspects'. I heard Dave Mason's "Only You Know And I Know" in there the other day.

I know, I've also heard Canned Heat's Going Up The Country, and The Rolling Stones' Under My Thumb in recent visits. Who Loves the Sun tonight, although I'm a bit disappointed they didn't play Venus In Furs. Bit of S&M would go nice with my big shop.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I know, I've also heard Canned Heat's Going Up The Country, and The Rolling Stones' Under My Thumb in recent visits. Who Loves the Sun tonight, although I'm a bit disappointed they didn't play Venus In Furs. Bit of S&M would go nice with my big shop.  

canned heat going up the country, when that comes on i go full hippy and get naked and start dancing about.

• Like 1

Sam Smith in who the hell is Thom Yorke shock.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/james-bond-007/news/a779609/sam-smith-was-asked-about-radioheads-spectre-bond-theme-but-hes-never-heard-of-thom-yorke/

On Christmas Day, Radiohead sprang an alternative (and kinda superior) Spectretheme on us.

Apparently they were asked to pen a theme for the latest Bond film but things didn't work out.

Sam Smith was asked if he'd heard said theme during an interview at the Golden Globe Awards, but he appeared confused about who Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke was until Jimmy Napier helped him out

• Like 4

Morrisons playing The Velvet Underground, while I was doing my shopping. 

Well it's definitely changed since I worked there (01/04). Nothing but 80's power ballads and love songs. Unbearable.

Cheering myself on the football front with highlights from older games. I am especially fond of this season as I think it was really my 'peak' in terms of Villa interest. I pretty much watched every game. This one was a cracker. It is most famous for being the last game in which Phil Dowd gave a decision in our favour.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Cheering myself on the football front with highlights from older games. I am especially fond of this season as I think it was really my 'peak' in terms of Villa interest. I pretty much watched every game. This one was a cracker. It is most famous for being the last game in which Phil Dowd gave a decision in our favour.

One of the greatest ever Premier League games.

28 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

There was a version of this once with the Soccer Saturday commentary over the top. it was excellent. Alan McInally cheering on Barry at the end was great.

• Like 1

On Friday I was told that my Dog needs to get put down on 18th January.

On Saturday I spent an hour making a nice frame for a mirror,  finished it and was putting it on the shelf to carry on with later,  dropped it and smashed it.

On Sunday I bet €4 on the Villa to win last night 1-0 and I also had €2 on Newcastle V Manutd to finsish 3 - 3.

The mirror was the last straw really,  so I tried and succeeded in breaking the cycke of badness, :-)

Does not fix my dog though :-(

Â