Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

52 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

When you get into work on the last day of term and realise you don't have any lessons for the first two periods which means no insufferable kids films to watch.

#LazyTeacher #Getarealjob

You did bring in your favorite toy though so it's not all bad. #kerplunked

• Like 2

surviving a refresher driving lesson. After 4.5 years since I last drove, had to get one it as due to no trains over xmas, only way home to the folks has been to rent a car for a few days instead. Didn't want my first experience with a car to be rush hour evening traffic on the 23rd. Feeling far happier about it now, tis the cliche about riding a bike.

£3 up on the secret santa prezzy this year.

Standard has been set at £5 but being a high level uber alpha executive I pushed the envelope and bought my secret santa a £7 book (ladybird book of 'The Hipster').

In turn I have received a bottle of red wine. A quick google and it's currently a tenner in majestics.

I know one shouldn't be materialistic about these things, but it's the nearest thing to a performance review that I get.

• Like 3

Waiting outside our kids house and some prick trying to do wheelies on a bike. Badly. His phone and money fell on the floor out of his baggy pyjama bottoms.

Thick word removed.

Just now, Meath_Villan said:

finishing up early ....do those days come out of annual leave ? genuine question as been a chef we work all year 

Yeah, I only get Christmas, Boxing, and New Years Day as standard, and take the rest as leave. 

• Like 1

surviving a refresher driving lesson. After 4.5 years since I last drove, had to get one it as due to no trains over xmas, only way home to the folks has been to rent a car for a few days instead. Didn't want my first experience with a car to be rush hour evening traffic on the 23rd. Feeling far happier about it now, tis the cliche about riding a bike.

It's been two years almost exactly since I last drove as I have no need for a car. I reckon I'll prob need a refresher before I inevitably drive again.

Only issue I have is, I've got to do 5 hours work on the 29th. Once I've wasted time nipping out for breakfast, and had a big shit, It'll be reet.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Â