Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Crowdfunding on the way. If he gets it right he's going to make a few bob. Every survival-kit from boat to plane, every hiker and cycler. And me :)

WLRWF9U.gif

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 3

Yep, it's got a wiki page, must be science and therefore must be true.....except of course, the phaser gun used in Star Trek also has a wiki page and a three letter acro PBW particle beam weapon.

There have always been snake oil salesmen, they just need to tweek the act every now and again to keep those that think they know stuff one step behind them. If I was a snake oil salesman in 2016 I'd do something similar:

an 'invention' that looks really really simple with suspiciously few testable parts

a bit of internet presence for those that think they are smart and do 'research'

associate with a band wagon, right now, that has to be crowd funding

you only need 24 hours of people sticking a couple of dollars into the pot and you've done well for yourself

But yeah, I agree, looks superficially plausible that there is 'drinking air'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

That's what I said, it's not true, I think we're agreeing with each other?

Sorry, I implied that you know that this idea should work because we get condensation all over A/C units etc. 

You also see your breath on a cold day - that's water vapor.  It's about condensing it enough to form a droplet, which then collects into a bottle. 

Thinking about it, it's amazing these don't already exist.

• Like 1

Surely it's the same as a dehumidifier?

That extracts moisture from the air doesn't it? You're certainly left with a tub of water when you use it.

I guess the difference with that invention is the water is drinkable.

• Like 1

Â