Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

On Friday I was told that my Dog needs to get put down on 18th January.

Sorry to hear about this Neil, 2 years ago had to have my dog put down, still find it upsetting. 

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Sorry to hear about this Neil, 2 years ago had to have my dog put down, still find it upsetting. 

Thanks mate.  Means a lot.

I am so heartbroken it's not normal,  I spent 2 days crying as soon as I was alone all my brain would let me think about was my dog,  he is in pain though and the Vet said I was 100% doing the right thing.  1st time in my life I have been so upset it actually hurt.

Feel a bit better today though,  and I am spoiling him rotten with sausages and steak and all things nice for a beagle.

On Saturday I spent an hour making a nice frame for a mirror,  finished it and was putting it on the shelf to carry on with later,  dropped it and smashed it.

On Sunday I bet €4 on the Villa to win last night 1-0 and I also had €2 on Newcastle V Manutd to finsish 3 - 3.

The mirror was the last straw really,  so I tried and succeeded in breaking the cycke of badness, :-)

Does not fix my dog though :-(

Not wishing to sound callous (had to have our cat put down recently, still feeling sad), but why 18th January? Why didn't they do it there and then, instead of putting him on death row?

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not wishing to sound callous (had to have our cat put down recently, still feeling sad), but why 18th January? Why didn't they do it there and then, instead of putting him on death row?

I had to wait over the weekend for 4 biopsy results.  It was only a feeling I had that he was ill so it was just a check really.

Got the results on Monday night.  We did not know he was ill or I would have done that + my 3 yr Old granddaughter really needs to say bye as he has always been there for all her life.

6 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

On Saturday I spent an hour making a nice frame for a mirror,  finished it and was putting it on the shelf to carry on with later,  dropped it and smashed it.

On Sunday I bet €4 on the Villa to win last night 1-0 and I also had €2 on Newcastle V Manutd to finsish 3 - 3.

The mirror was the last straw really,  so I tried and succeeded in breaking the cycke of badness, :-)

Does not fix my dog though :-(

Did you have €4 and €2 on all the results in those games? 

Because if you didn't, that's pretty excellent going. Any ideas for the games tonight?

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Did you have €4 and €2 on all the results in those games? 

Because if you didn't, that's pretty excellent going. Any ideas for the games tonight?

I did and it went very well.  It was only becasue I figured mine (and AVFC's) luck must change.  Law of averages that we would win eventually.

The 3-3 was just luck as I had €2 on 2-2 as well,  I figured it would be loads of goals becasue all day in the press,  even LVG said he was bored so just luck.

Â