Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

So we got the missus a new car last year on the Ford Options scheme. She loved it but wanted to go back to an automatic, so after 12 months we swapped to a new Fiesta.

I didn't notice they hadn't fitted the reverse sensors and powerfolds til we got home, this was after an 8 week wait for delivery.

I informed the dealership, and after a few days of moaning they agreed to have the items retrofitted. After 8 weeks, no one at Ford could obtain a pair of **** powerfold mirrors, from anywhere. Like, Ford, the worlds biggest car company.

So I ramped up the complaints and went to Ford head office. After another 2 weeks of emails Ford, in their infinite wisdom, still not being able to obtain a pair of mirrors that they fit to thousands of vehicles, are taking the cheap option by giving us another brand new car.

ZvIH3QP.jpg

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

So we got the missus a new car last year on the Ford Options scheme. She loved it but wanted to go back to an automatic, so after 12 months we swapped to a new Fiesta.

I didn't notice they hadn't fitted the reverse sensors and powerfolds til we got home, this was after an 8 week wait for delivery.

I informed the dealership, and after a few days of moaning they agreed to have the items retrofitted. After 8 weeks, no one at Ford could obtain a pair of **** powerfold mirrors, from anywhere. Like, Ford, the worlds biggest car company.

So I ramped up the complaints and went to Ford head office. After another 2 weeks of emails Ford, in their infinite wisdom, still not being able to obtain a pair of mirrors that they fit to thousands of vehicles, are taking the cheap option by giving us another brand new car.

ZvIH3QP.jpg

Someone must have been having you on chap. You can't retrofit folding mirrors.

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We were assured you can...in fact I had them retrofitted on my Rover 75. Why should a new Fiesta be any different?

I don't see why they couldn't be retrofitted if Ford did it themselves.

If you were doing them on your own you'd probably have problems as there would be complications with the electronics, modules needing reprogramming and all that techno stuff.

But if Ford themselves do it I imagine they'd handle those problems.

20 hours ago, rjw63 said:

ZvIH3QP.jpg

We had exactly the same issue with Audi over a non-existent but very much ordered sunroof. 

They just gave us built us a new car - tbh its a better solution all round - a car that's factory built for the purpose rather than one some knobhead called Wayne as tinkered with in a dealership. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

cold boiled eggs  :puke: .... No , just no

Chop them up, and mix with a bit of mayo and lots of black pepper. Delicious! 

18 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Hot: soft; cold: hard. :)

Toasted, or non toasted sailors (my Grandad was in the Navy, so we didn't call them soldiers)?

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Â