Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, blandy said:

For some reason I had a crap night’s sleep. Wierd dream arguing with an immigration officer who wouldn’t let me into the uk. Anyway, decided to get up, opened the curtains and yay! A swift flew past the window. First sighting of the year.

Yeah they're not bad in white.

Swift-header-resized.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah they're not bad in white.

Swift-header-resized.jpg

There's no way that flew anywhere. The driver will be 90 and in need of a sight test

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's no way that flew anywhere. The driver will be 90 and in need of a sight test

She came off the A140 and thought that was the speed limit.

Just now, BOF said:

She came off the A140 and thought that was the speed limit.

She came off the A140 and thought that was her first cars registration number more like

We had a big Heads of Department meeting last week and system changes were required and a new way of dispatching bookings in the city centre plus other changes.

I was a lone voice against the changes but we put them into place today as agreed...

Drivers are up in arms about some of the changes and some of the things I said in the meeting (against the changes) have already been shown to be true in under 4 hours. 2 drivers have left and people are now running around in blind panic over what they've caused

Me, I'm just having a quiet little snigger to myself

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

What did those with regular sized heads do?

betle-juice-shrunken-head.gif

• Haha 2

Productive day in the office, sunshine, and a few beers and food after work.

Makes going into the office bearable. 

Seen this very car about 5 times in recent weeks, around Aldridge. 

Love the fact that someone is seemingly using a '66 BMC car as a daily driver.

52720158698-ecd3f11905-b.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Perhaps he owns the car?

Spoiler

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952rjw72nkdp66j12ey1uv

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Seems like a load of old guf to me. 

I used to see a guy most days around Tyseley Road on my rabbit run commute driving a really old Mercedes of some sort. At least 70s,possibly 60s I'd say. 

On 08/05/2024 at 08:26, blandy said:

For some reason I had a crap night’s sleep. Wierd dream arguing with an immigration officer who wouldn’t let me into the uk. Anyway, decided to get up, opened the curtains and yay! A swift flew past the window. First sighting of the year.

It happened to me at LHR once , immigration bloke asked me my purposes for coming to the UK , I kinda suggested he look a the front of the passport , he then said I needed  to have a scan for TB as I’d come from at an at risk country 

to be fair, I’d been living in Hungary the past year and was travelling back to the U.K. to live with Mrs H who was on a Hungarian passport and had a visa to live here indefinitely ( they were non EU back then )…i think somehow he confused the petite pretty woman in front of him with the fat bloke in front of him as she went straight through 

on the plus side I found out I didn’t have TB

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2024 at 15:40, bickster said:

We had a big Heads of Department meeting last week and system changes were required and a new way of dispatching bookings in the city centre plus other changes.

I was a lone voice against the changes but we put them into place today as agreed...

Drivers are up in arms about some of the changes and some of the things I said in the meeting (against the changes) have already been shown to be true in under 4 hours. 2 drivers have left and people are now running around in blind panic over what they've caused

Me, I'm just having a quiet little snigger to myself

UPDATE: System has been reverted to my way of thinking 

More big Cheshire Cat, I was right you numpties smiling going on here :D 

I am likely to be unbearable in work for a while

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â