Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

So you mean they are good value, not that they are cheap. £20  for a box of chocolates isn't cheap

Yeah guess so, it's like a steak at Miller and Carter compared to a steak at wetherspoons, no comparison and worth the extra every time. Its a birthday gift type thing though, not something to throw in the basket every week. 

• VT Supporter
5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah guess so, it's like a steak at Miller and Carter compared to a steak at wetherspoons, no comparison and worth the extra every time. Its a birthday gift type thing though, not something to throw in the basket every week. 

Never been to Miller and Carter but hear very good things. There's one about 4 miles away who are on Deliveroo but reckon I'll wait until I can go in person. Just need to find a babysitter first! 

Perfect complaint from a customer for end of play Friday, Absolute hilarity in the office reading this....

I got picked up today around.... blah

We where driving along xxxxxx road and the driver came to a sudden holt, I had my 6 year old son in the vehicle with me I thought there was an animal on the road but the driver ran off chasing cash that someone on the side had just lost out the cash machine due to wind.

The person who’s money it was told the driver it’s his and he just said “is it” and carried on driving.

I think what he did is absolutely disgusting ..... more blah

(Spelling errors not mine)

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The laugh emoji was for this which made me spit my drink a little, but in all seriousness I completely agree, I hate this aspect of being back at work. Then you get out the cubicle and your inconsiderate colleague leaves at the same time, so you've got to look Dave from accounts in the eyes through the mirror in acknowledgement that you were both there man for his arse-spraying mayhem.

*shudder*

Least in my case, the rectal bassoon player had the decency to stay in his cubicle and wallow in his own noisy shame, while i washed my hands and left. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The laugh emoji was for this which made me spit my drink a little, but in all seriousness I completely agree, I hate this aspect of being back at work. Then you get out the cubicle and your inconsiderate colleague leaves at the same time, so you've got to look Dave from accounts in the eyes through the mirror in acknowledgement that you were both there man for his arse-spraying mayhem.

*shudder*

haha, it's the unwritten law of the office that if someone gets out the trap first, you let them wash their hands and wait for the WC door to close before you leave your trap.

Our office toilets don't have any extractor fan noise to dilute it even slightly.  It's just pure jazz club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, bickster said:

So you mean they are good value, not that they are cheap. £20  for a box of chocolates isn't cheap

You've had a bumper pay-rise, £20 chocolates will be the norm now! 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

haha, it's the unwritten law of the office that if someone gets out the trap first, you let them wash their hands and wait for the WC door to close before you leave your trap.

Our office toilets don't have any extractor fan noise to dilute it even slightly.  It's just pure jazz club.

Some people don't play the game though. They're the sort of person who would use the middle cubicle in a row of three, if they were all vacant. Absolute charlatans. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

• VT Supporter
20 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Ours are unisex so there’s the added paranoia that you’re shitting the place up a few inches away from the office hottie.

• Shocked 1

• VT Supporter
15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ours are unisex so there’s the added paranoia that you’re shitting the place up a few inches away from the office hottie.

Could be worse. You could find out the office hottie is the one playing the toilet trumpet. 

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some people don't play the game though. They're the sort of person who would use the middle cubicle in a row of three, if they were all vacant. Absolute charlatans. 

There's only two traps in our Gents.  If there were three then it would at least leave a bit of guesswork as to who was making the specific noises (burst out laughing as I typed that...haha)

If there are 3 and they are all vacant then you go for the furthest away imo.  Etiquette.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Crikey, that's a whole new level of anxiety I have no desire to navigate!  I'm fairly certain the ladies are actually worse than the guys, no matter how deep we bury our heads in the sand about that topic.

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I doubt any of you care but the Manic Street Preachers have beaten Steps to have their first number one album in 23 years.

That's cheered me up, cos I 'kin love the Manics.

spacer.png

Be honest, you’d never put those three together if you were building a boy band.

• Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â