Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

And don't anyone come on here saying the Americans have ruined it.  It's still be best chocolate around by a mile.

I'm not one of these people who think only dark chocolate is real chocolate, but I don't see how Cadbury's is even in the conversation for best chocolate. It's not as bad as american mass-produced chocolate, but it's not good.

For easily available chocolate, Lindt pisses all over it, and Montezuma's is really good as well. Obviously that's without moving up the price points to really good stuff.

Cadbury, Nestle and Galaxy chocolate is all cheap, race-to-the-bottom shite. It's basically got nostalgia and price going for it, and not a lot else.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not one of these people who think only dark chocolate is real chocolate, but I don't see how Cadbury's is even in the conversation for best chocolate. It's not as bad as american mass-produced chocolate, but it's not good.

For easily available chocolate, Lindt pisses all over it, and Montezuma's is really good as well. Obviously that's without moving up the price points to really good stuff.

Cadbury, Nestle and Galaxy chocolate is all cheap, race-to-the-bottom shite. It's basically got nostalgia and price going for it, and not a lot else.

Ahhhh.  Posh chocolate.   It's shit like posh sausages are shit. I wouldn't give Lindt the time of day. 

I spent a fortune once buying Mrs Sidcow a load of fresh chocolate from that place that used to be in The Great Western Arcade.  We wondered why I had bothered. 

We also had a Fortnum and Mason selection for Christmas last year.  If I had the kind of money to buy that stuff pissing out of my arse I wouldn't buy a other box. 

Edited by sidcow

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sometimes I like to slum it with cadburys buttons, walkers crisps and a can of carling. 

QBRY.gif

Carling is on the VT blacklist, but I don’t find its taste offensive tbh. It’s not my first, or second choice but if it’s there I’ll enjoy a cold pint of it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Carling is on the VT blacklist, but I don’t find its taste offensive tbh. It’s not my first, or second choice but if it’s there I’ll enjoy a cold pint of it. 

Exactly. Its quite refreshing, in a fizzy shandy type of way. 

I can hear @Davkaus getting angry from here! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Ahhhh.  Posh chocolate.   It's shit like posh sausages are shit. I wouldn't give Lindt the time of day. 

I will defend to the death your right to be wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just the relief of working from home today. Was in the office again yesterday. What a faff! Trains were all over the place due to a points failure and I got next to no work done. Plus I couldn't even have a dump in peace without someone in the next cubicle seemingly taking trumpet lessons. 

I did have a lunchtime pint in the pub though, so not a complete fail. 

By midday today i'd done 3 times the work that I did yesterday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â