Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Ahhhh.  Posh chocolate.   It's shit like posh sausages are shit. I wouldn't give Lindt the time of day. 

I will defend to the death your right to be wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just the relief of working from home today. Was in the office again yesterday. What a faff! Trains were all over the place due to a points failure and I got next to no work done. Plus I couldn't even have a dump in peace without someone in the next cubicle seemingly taking trumpet lessons. 

I did have a lunchtime pint in the pub though, so not a complete fail. 

By midday today i'd done 3 times the work that I did yesterday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 15/09/2021 at 22:09, chrisp65 said:

I was right at the front, so I adopted a relaxed approach to the whole thing.

I had a flask of coffee and some homemade apple cake. So I sat there listening to some music, watching them being peeled off the junction and marched past to the police van.

Whenever one went by, I waved my cake in solidarity. I mean, at the end of the day they’re right. Think how much energy we could not burn if we invested in insulation and low energy tech instead of Chinese Nuclear Tech and a train to get to London 14 minutes quicker, and drones that can kill a wedding party from 5 miles away and prototype parcel delivery submarines.

So yeah, I waved my cake at them. We grew the apples in that cake, and I was driving a hybrid. So I felt I had a sandal in both camps.

CA8B7158-709A-4992-9324-0C9D4B81F040.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

CA8B7158-709A-4992-9324-0C9D4B81F040.jpeg

I was thinking, would you get arrested if you ran over one. I mean not literally, just kinda hit one out the way, or went so far that they could either get hurt or move!!!

Do they also realise the emissions produced by just sitting in that traffic, waiting for the tree huggers to get moved.

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I was thinking, would you get arrested if you ran over one. I mean not literally, just kinda hit one out the way, or went so far that they could either get hurt or move!!!

Do they also realise the emissions produced by just sitting in that traffic, waiting for the tree huggers to get moved.

Yeah there was a touch of irony about having a few thousand cars idling on a motorway in the name of reducing carbon footprints

i guess if you were on the clockwise side of the M25 and drove to the next junction and got on anti clockwise just to run one over , the police might take a dim view , but if you clipped one with your car I guess the only crime would be if you drove off and it became some form of hit and run ?

thing is , people are becoming more aware of carbon footprints and the like  ..  in my line of work a lot of what I’m doing is about the packaging as much as the the flavours because companies are aware it’s an issue to consumers …then these sort of people come along and set the cause back 10 years cause everyone **** hates them 

• Like 2

On the chocolate conversation ….If you put the chocolate in the fridge and have the will power to stick a piece in your mouth and let it melt rather than chew it , then all chocolate is good , apart from Herseys of course… there is something positively rewarding about melting a slab of Toblerone  in your mouth and just being left with the clump of almond nougat and honey .

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â