Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 15/09/2021 at 22:09, chrisp65 said:

I was right at the front, so I adopted a relaxed approach to the whole thing.

I had a flask of coffee and some homemade apple cake. So I sat there listening to some music, watching them being peeled off the junction and marched past to the police van.

Whenever one went by, I waved my cake in solidarity. I mean, at the end of the day they’re right. Think how much energy we could not burn if we invested in insulation and low energy tech instead of Chinese Nuclear Tech and a train to get to London 14 minutes quicker, and drones that can kill a wedding party from 5 miles away and prototype parcel delivery submarines.

So yeah, I waved my cake at them. We grew the apples in that cake, and I was driving a hybrid. So I felt I had a sandal in both camps.

CA8B7158-709A-4992-9324-0C9D4B81F040.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

CA8B7158-709A-4992-9324-0C9D4B81F040.jpeg

I was thinking, would you get arrested if you ran over one. I mean not literally, just kinda hit one out the way, or went so far that they could either get hurt or move!!!

Do they also realise the emissions produced by just sitting in that traffic, waiting for the tree huggers to get moved.

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I was thinking, would you get arrested if you ran over one. I mean not literally, just kinda hit one out the way, or went so far that they could either get hurt or move!!!

Do they also realise the emissions produced by just sitting in that traffic, waiting for the tree huggers to get moved.

Yeah there was a touch of irony about having a few thousand cars idling on a motorway in the name of reducing carbon footprints

i guess if you were on the clockwise side of the M25 and drove to the next junction and got on anti clockwise just to run one over , the police might take a dim view , but if you clipped one with your car I guess the only crime would be if you drove off and it became some form of hit and run ?

thing is , people are becoming more aware of carbon footprints and the like  ..  in my line of work a lot of what I’m doing is about the packaging as much as the the flavours because companies are aware it’s an issue to consumers …then these sort of people come along and set the cause back 10 years cause everyone **** hates them 

• Like 2

On the chocolate conversation ….If you put the chocolate in the fridge and have the will power to stick a piece in your mouth and let it melt rather than chew it , then all chocolate is good , apart from Herseys of course… there is something positively rewarding about melting a slab of Toblerone  in your mouth and just being left with the clump of almond nougat and honey .

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

So you mean they are good value, not that they are cheap. £20  for a box of chocolates isn't cheap

Yeah guess so, it's like a steak at Miller and Carter compared to a steak at wetherspoons, no comparison and worth the extra every time. Its a birthday gift type thing though, not something to throw in the basket every week. 

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah guess so, it's like a steak at Miller and Carter compared to a steak at wetherspoons, no comparison and worth the extra every time. Its a birthday gift type thing though, not something to throw in the basket every week. 

Never been to Miller and Carter but hear very good things. There's one about 4 miles away who are on Deliveroo but reckon I'll wait until I can go in person. Just need to find a babysitter first! 

Perfect complaint from a customer for end of play Friday, Absolute hilarity in the office reading this....

I got picked up today around.... blah

We where driving along xxxxxx road and the driver came to a sudden holt, I had my 6 year old son in the vehicle with me I thought there was an animal on the road but the driver ran off chasing cash that someone on the side had just lost out the cash machine due to wind.

The person who’s money it was told the driver it’s his and he just said “is it” and carried on driving.

I think what he did is absolutely disgusting ..... more blah

(Spelling errors not mine)

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The laugh emoji was for this which made me spit my drink a little, but in all seriousness I completely agree, I hate this aspect of being back at work. Then you get out the cubicle and your inconsiderate colleague leaves at the same time, so you've got to look Dave from accounts in the eyes through the mirror in acknowledgement that you were both there man for his arse-spraying mayhem.

*shudder*

Least in my case, the rectal bassoon player had the decency to stay in his cubicle and wallow in his own noisy shame, while i washed my hands and left. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The laugh emoji was for this which made me spit my drink a little, but in all seriousness I completely agree, I hate this aspect of being back at work. Then you get out the cubicle and your inconsiderate colleague leaves at the same time, so you've got to look Dave from accounts in the eyes through the mirror in acknowledgement that you were both there man for his arse-spraying mayhem.

*shudder*

haha, it's the unwritten law of the office that if someone gets out the trap first, you let them wash their hands and wait for the WC door to close before you leave your trap.

Our office toilets don't have any extractor fan noise to dilute it even slightly.  It's just pure jazz club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, bickster said:

So you mean they are good value, not that they are cheap. £20  for a box of chocolates isn't cheap

You've had a bumper pay-rise, £20 chocolates will be the norm now! 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

haha, it's the unwritten law of the office that if someone gets out the trap first, you let them wash their hands and wait for the WC door to close before you leave your trap.

Our office toilets don't have any extractor fan noise to dilute it even slightly.  It's just pure jazz club.

Some people don't play the game though. They're the sort of person who would use the middle cubicle in a row of three, if they were all vacant. Absolute charlatans. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Ours are unisex so there’s the added paranoia that you’re shitting the place up a few inches away from the office hottie.

• Shocked 1

Â