Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I remember being stuck in stationary traffic on the M1 once,  had a dodgy curry the night before, so I may know how you feel. Never never again.

I won't go into too much detail but I remember being on a packed train, convinced I was seconds away from shitting myself. I'd even accepted it in my mind and was working out my exit strategy from the train*

*I didn't shit myself in the end

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

At the Isle of Wight festival , fairly near the front for the James set … some Instgrmana wannabe pushes past  everyone , gets into position and starts doing her poses… does her photos looks at them on her phone and  sees me In the background of every photo looking pissed, tongue out , sticking my fiingers up

tuts loudly And storms  off

My work Here is done 

Makes me angry just reading it. I mean, who likes James?

:trollface:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Eidolon said:

I got the news today that I don't have Huntington's disease which is.....very very very much something to be cheerful about :D

Excellent news

Your 2 posts today puts you way ahead on the leaderboard. It will take some extremely hilarious gif for someone to get past. 😁

One of the guys from the local footie was the Manager yesterday for the Wales Fans vs Matabeleland game.

Having seen the pictures, he chose the ‘tracksuited manager’ style. He then chose the Mings transport option and went to the game on the train already in his trackie, coached from the sidelines, got pissed at the pub, and went home on the train, all in his manager’s trackie. 

He’ll be hurting this morning. But I suspect he’s still wearing the tracksuit.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

One of the guys from the local footie was the Manager yesterday for the Wales Fans vs Matabeleland game.

Having seen the pictures, he chose the ‘tracksuited manager’ style. He then chose the Mings transport option and went to the game on the train already in his trackie, coached from the sidelines, got pissed at the pub, and went home on the train, all in his manager’s trackie. 

spacer.png

Just wait until FIFA gets to hear about that shirt sponsor :mrgreen:

• Like 1

On 17/09/2021 at 18:04, troon_villan said:

haha, it's the unwritten law of the office that if someone gets out the trap first, you let them wash their hands and wait for the WC door to close before you leave your trap.

Our office toilets don't have any extractor fan noise to dilute it even slightly.  It's just pure jazz club.

Unless I've been virtually silent and the other person has created something that wouldn't sound out of place at the hippo enclosure and I simply must know who it was. Then I will purposely time it so we both exit together for maximum embarrassment.  Literally for shits and giggles.

• Haha 3

On 17/09/2021 at 13:00, Rds1983 said:

Never been to Miller and Carter but hear very good things. There's one about 4 miles away who are on Deliveroo but reckon I'll wait until I can go in person. Just need to find a babysitter first! 

I went there on Friday.  What the **** is the deal with the massive chunk of lettuce with a bit of token dressing sprinkled on the top?  The laziest salad in the world, I genuinely can't imagine anybody eating it.  The steak was decent enough but really pricey.  I don't think I'd go back there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I went there on Friday.  What the **** is the deal with the massive chunk of lettuce with a bit of token dressing sprinkled on the top?  The laziest salad in the world, I genuinely can't imagine anybody eating it.  The steak was decent enough but really pricey.  I don't think I'd go back there.

Miller & Carter is where a lot of people think they need to go for a great steak. It isn’t. It’s overpriced crap. It’s the beef version of Nando’s. I’ve been 4 times in my life due to people birthday or whatever and haven’t ever had a good meal there. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Oh dear, what can the Matabele... 

• Like 1

Last day tomorrow before 3 days off work. Going to book a couple of nights away somewhere. Stay in a pub. Good food and drink. Desperate for a change of scenery now.

Who knows where i'll end up! It'll be my longest break from work since last year sometime. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

Â