Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Why do I suspect he's taking one for the team?

If he's over qualified and gets an interview slot, acts like a complete nutter because he doesn't want the job (He even offered to walk out half way through), then they've increased her chances of getting the job.

Clever GIF by memecandy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Why do I suspect he's taking one for the team?

If he's over qualified and gets an interview slot, acts like a complete nutter because he doesn't want the job (He even offered to walk out half way through), then they've increased her chances of getting the job.

Nah. He really was an utter knob.  

8 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Finally finishing a massive 2500 piece jigsaw puzzle of Mount Rushmore and throwing up my hands in triumph.

Sometimes it really is the simple things in life that gets you through.

Couldn't you just take a photograph of it instead?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

well done the teachers at this school ,hopefully more will follow suit if we win on Sunday 

Wouldn’t that be like releasing a Christmas song in January?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Ok kids, today it’s face painting, a bit of running around and standing on your desks.

Best school day ever.

Talking of school

dropped the boy off at school for his last day this morning , sounded like they are planning on letting off fire alarms and taking to the school roof … and that was just the teachers !!

he went loaded up with presents for the teachers , and wrote personalised messages for them in a card …. I’m sure back in my day we just left and the teachers breathed a huge size of relief and prayed they never saw us again …

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Talking of school

dropped the boy off at school for his last day this morning , sounded like they are planning on letting off fire alarms and taking to the school roof … and that was just the teachers !!

he went loaded up with presents for the teachers , and wrote personalised messages for them in a card …. I’m sure back in my day we just left and the teachers breathed a huge size of relief and prayed they never saw us again …

I remember 2 things from my last day

You walk the long way around the school because there was a big "pond" in the middle of it that several kids were pushed in 

There was a lad called Chris who when we did the official handing over of the books / school property thing in the main hall and got some useless piece of paper saying yeah we're done there he said "thats it I'm finished? You lot can all go **** yourselves then you bunch of pricks" and sparked up a cigarette, went down well... Pretty sure he's now in prison 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I remember 2 things from my last day

You walk the long way around the school because there was a big "pond" in the middle of it that several kids were pushed in 

There was a lad called Chris who when we did the official handing over of the books / school property thing in the main hall and got some useless piece of paper saying yeah we're done there he said "thats it I'm finished? You lot can all go **** yourselves then you bunch of pricks" and sparked up a cigarette, went down well... Pretty sure he's now in prison 

On our last day a group of us stole the art teacher's car and hid it behind the sports pavilion. Surprisingly, he took it in good humour, and talked the head out of keeping the whole school back all afternoon (it was a lunchtime finish). The head settled for demanding the culprits own up. One of my mates was quite scared about it, but as I said to him, "What's he going to do? Expel us?" He settled for giving us a bollocking, which of course was water off a duck's back. Next step: down the pub, had a few pints, and then hired some boats on the local park lake and proceeded to re-enact the Battle of Trafalgar, to the consternation of the parkkeeper, who threatened to call the police. Got home pissed, wet through, and very happy. 

• Like 3

I think the drinking when I was 16 was just down the park with white cider and 20/20

When I was 18 and left 6th form it was an afternoon in kiddy spoons followed by a night out in worcs, I had lunch in the pub, chilli nachos and I got food poisoning, proper both barrels stuff, only had maybe 3 pints and had to go home to spend the night on the toilet 

My secondary school actively worked against any last day pranks by keeping the last day secret until you walked in on the day and they basically told you to piss off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Talking of school

My last day of junior school, I gave my teacher 4-stroke for his bike 🏍 

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I can't imagine competing with my other half for a job, that must be quite an awkward scenario.

Haven't done that exactly, but my wife used to be my manager (after we were together) and then subsequently I was hers.

Work in different companies now, maybe for the best.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

On our last day a group of us stole the art teacher's car and hid it behind the sports pavilion. Surprisingly, he took it in good humour, and talked the head out of keeping the whole school back all afternoon (it was a lunchtime finish). The head settled for demanding the culprits own up. One of my mates was quite scared about it, but as I said to him, "What's he going to do? Expel us?" He settled for giving us a bollocking, which of course was water off a duck's back. Next step: down the pub, had a few pints, and then hired some boats on the local park lake and proceeded to re-enact the Battle of Trafalgar, to the consternation of the parkkeeper, who threatened to call the police. Got home pissed, wet through, and very happy. 

Who are you, the **** Fonz? 

I've see that video of you falling over, there's no way you did anything that "cool" :lol:  

I bet you cried and hugged the teacher, ya swot :P  

• Haha 2

My last day of secondary school wasn’t very spectacular, it started with me dumping all of my workbooks in the bin, then we all brought drinks in our bags for the big gathering in the park after. A mix of Hooch, 20/20 and white cider, classy stuff. I wanted to be different so I brought along 1/4 oz of squidgy black, and proceeded to demonstrate my skinning up ability in the classroom before leaving (no teachers around of course). 

I’m glad my kids followed a different path, my daughter has just achieved a 1st class honours degree in Biomedical Science. A far cry from my attitude to education in those days. 

Â