Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Wood End, near Atherstone

My wife grew up in Hurley. I know Wood End well. We were married at Baxterley Church. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

CEGAdhC.jpeg

p.s Check out the 'Cock Inn' (KW.jpeg) in Sibson. Lovely old boozer and decent scran from memory. Its former patrons include such luminaries as Dick Turpin and Fred West (apparently) 

How far's The Cock Inn? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

My wife grew up in Hurley. I know Wood End well. We were married at Baxterley Church. 

It's very nice :)

• Thanks 1

On 01/07/2021 at 13:26, sidcow said:

We have a large number of Swifts round my area.  I was sitting in a reclining deckchair in the garden earlier just watching them swooping around the sky. I could watch them for hours. Amazing birds. 

We have planted these trees called "Gordon robbin" because they bring these black and yellow birds in summer and some sort of honey bird all year round.I quite often sit out on the deck and read and watch the bitds.Fascanating.We also get these birds called "Willie wagtails" that run around the lawn at 100 mph.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

We have planted these trees called "Gordon robbin" because they bring these black and yellow birds in summer and some sort of honey bird all year round.I quite often sit out on the deck and read and watch the bitds.Fascanating.We also get these birds called "Willie wagtails" that run around the lawn at 100 mph.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Today has been a good day.... the sort of Saturday I used to have pre-pandemic. My mate picked me up and we went for a nice pub lunch in Alderley Edge, Cheshire. Cracking food and a nice cold pint. Then onwards to north east Manchester for a non league friendly game of football. Just felt ace to be on a terrace with other people, chatting and singing. For a couple of hours life felt normal again! 

Mind you, my legs are sore now. I think its the longest I've stood up for in 16 months! Just got back and going to have a curry and watch the game. Good times. 

Love Alderley Edge, some serious money up there (and Totti, not the footballer either), you have to play the role though to fit in. Merc parked on the kerb outside a cafe, that's how we role. Weekends when the suns out is like car show, all cool though, not many knobber toffs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Love Alderley Edge, some serious money up there (and Totti, not the footballer either), you have to play the role though to fit in. Merc parked on the kerb outside a cafe, that's how we role. Weekends when the suns out is like car show, all cool though, not many knobber toffs.

They're usually 5 miles down the road in Knutsford. Old vs new money apparently. Where my wife grew up (I found the one girl in town who wasn't a millionaire) and crazy when she rattles off all the various people she went to school with who are heirs to various big established family owned companies. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just back from a great weekend with a mate I don’t get to see often.

So we met up in Monmouth and had a weekend of football, beers, food and a day course at a blacksmith forge to make a Bowie knife!

a brilliant experience and left with a real sense of achievement! 

The England win was the icing on the cake! 

C188069B-7691-4B0A-894E-03C0948A469D.jpeg

5C0EDC00-E860-46BD-81AE-678A8045F8DF.jpeg

023B56AC-F94E-462C-B80B-BC08C174CB40.jpeg

Nice one!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I love that road - A535 from Holmes Chapel to Alderley Edge.... where you pass the big viaduct and then Jodrell Bank dish. Lovely part of the world, could see myself living there! Was on Rightmove when I got home last night :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I love that road - A535 from Holmes Chapel to Alderley Edge.... where you pass the big viaduct and then Jodrell Bank dish. Lovely part of the world, could see myself living there! Was on Rightmove when I got home last night :D 

We looked at a lot of houses that way and even put offers in on some. Lovely place but decided we liked the Nantwich area better for now, money goes further and more of an actual town with a community feel. 

Saw Sigur Ros play at Jodrell Bank a few years ago and they did a massive light display on the dish. Fantastic show. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

If you do move then at least I'll be able to stroll around my local sainsburys in me joggers without being heckled 🙏

• Haha 1

Just now, mottaloo said:

If you do move then at least I'll be able to stroll around my local sainsburys in me joggers without being heckled 🙏

Don't bet on it mate. I have my people keeping watch :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Â