Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Second jab booked for today, which is cheerful enough, but the real joy comes from booking it at midday in Sheffield which means I get to log off and go out for lunch while I’m there. I predict the place will be busy and the traffic bad, so I reckon I’m good for three hours away time. I could have booked it for next week when I’m off, but where’s the fun in that?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Second jab booked for today, which is cheerful enough, but the real joy comes from booking it at midday in Sheffield which means I get to log off and go out for lunch while I’m there. I predict the place will be busy and the traffic bad, so I reckon I’m good for three hours away time. I could have booked it for next week when I’m off, but where’s the fun in that?

I always used to give blood in work time. 

• Like 1

New iPad on way - cost £0

Long story short - redeemed against a catalogue at work with accumulated points awarded to me for doing good work and being recognised by colleagues over the last couple of years

Can't complain... was just doing my job! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

New iPad on way - cost £0

Long story short - redeemed against a catalogue at work with accumulated points awarded to me for doing good work and being recognised by colleagues over the last couple of years

Can't complain... was just doing my job! 

Where did you copy and paste that from? The Daily Sport? 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Where did you copy and paste that from? The Daily Sport? 

Reader's Wives. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Think Ive asked before, but what do you do for a living again?

The murky world of finance and banking! :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One of the guys who was grabbing and jeering at Chris Whitty in London has lost his job. Good.

The video shows two men laughing and jeering as they grab hold of Prof Whitty, who struggles to free himself.

The Met Police are investigating the footage, which the force said happened in St James's Park in London on Sunday.

Mr Hughes, a 24-year-old estate agent, told the newspaper he had lost his job following the incident.

"If I made [Prof Whitty] feel uncomfortable, which it does look like I did, then I am sorry to him for that," he said.

Link

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

One of the guys who was grabbing and jeering at Chris Whitty in London has lost his job. Good.

I really don't think it was lose your job behaviour. Nothing threatening just a bit drunk, wanting a selfie and pushing personal boundaries too far. No threats, no violence

Public embarrasment should be enough. They didn't really do anything that deserves such a life changing punishment

The press framing the pair as "Yobs" hasn't helped either, that has totally different connotations to what was actually in that video

One for the unpopular opinions topic I guess

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I really don't think it was lose your job behaviour. Nothing threatening just a bit drunk, wanting a selfie and pushing personal boundaries too far. No threats, no violence

Public embarrasment should be enough. They didn't really do anything that deserves such a life changing punishment

The press framing the pair as "Yobs" hasn't helped either, that has totally different connotations to what was actually in that video

One for the unpopular opinions topic I guess

If you describe someone as yobbish, you disapprove of them because they behave in a noisy, rude, and perhaps violent way in publicCollins Dictionary

I assume the employer had their reasons, maybe the incident caused them a lot of embarrassment, negative press or loss of business.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you describe someone as yobbish, you disapprove of them because they behave in a noisy, rude, and perhaps violent way in publicCollins Dictionary

I assume the employer had their reasons, maybe the incident caused them a lot of embarrassment, negative press or loss of business.

I assume the employer will be paying compensation if he's been employed long enough to be entitled to it.

Â