Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you describe someone as yobbish, you disapprove of them because they behave in a noisy, rude, and perhaps violent way in publicCollins Dictionary

I assume the employer had their reasons, maybe the incident caused them a lot of embarrassment, negative press or loss of business.

The employer was probably thinking that buying a house is such an emotional and competitive business as it is that people might be put off with buying or listing a house if it was being shown around by a guy who was just in the national news being a tit. Could maybe have kept him in the office and not client facing for a bit or maybe this was just the excuse to get rid of him they'd been waiting for. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume the employer had their reasons, maybe the incident caused them a lot of embarrassment, negative press or loss of business.

Or it could be the final straw for his employer and that bloke has history for being a word removed.

Meh.

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Watching the birds feeding on the tree not 12 feet from my window, especially the great spotted woodpecker.

Country life is pretty good  :)

We have foxes running around on our front garden and in between our cars every single night. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

We have foxes running around on our front garden and in between our cars every single night. 

Not seen a fox yet.

Downside is my cats have turned back into killing machines, I've started blasting them with a water pistol.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Watching the birds feeding on the tree not 12 feet from my window, especially the great spotted woodpecker.

Simple things. If the weather is nice, it will be breakfast in the garden for me with a book or magazine before work. Nice to have a bit of time to take in garden and birds. 

The only downside is that a cat a few doors down (Glen) keeps me busy rescuing birds. I wish my cat would alert me to the murderous activity but it is probably like good tv for her from the window (or she is oblivious more likely).  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

'country matters'
old slang term for sexual relations.

From Shakespeare:

Hamlet: Lady, shall I lie in your lap?
Ophelia: No, my lord.
Hamlet: I mean my head upon your lap.
Ophelia: Aye, my lord.
Hamlet: Or did you think I meant country matters?
Ophelia: I think nothing, my lord.
Hamlet: That's a fair thought, to lie between maid's legs.

bird-pun-coasters.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Humble brag? 

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

You moved to the countryside now then?

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You moved to the countryside now then?

Pretty much.

the A5 is spectacularly busy but our place is a couple of miles down a country lane just off the main route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Wood End

CEGAdhC.jpeg

p.s Check out the 'Cock Inn' (KW.jpeg) in Sibson. Lovely old boozer and decent scran from memory. Its former patrons include such luminaries as Dick Turpin and Fred West (apparently) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

CEGAdhC.jpeg

p.s Check out the 'Cock Inn' (KW.jpeg) in Sibson. Lovely old boozer and decent scran from memory. Its former patrons include such luminaries as Dick Turpin and Fred West (apparently) 

We need that custom emoticon, pronto

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We have a large number of Swifts round my area.  I was sitting in a reclining deckchair in the garden earlier just watching them swooping around the sky. I could watch them for hours. Amazing birds. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Genie said:

That's reminded me when I was locking the porch door the other night I saw a hedgehog walking down the road.  

The last time I saw one was in Menorca about 12 years ago. The last time I saw one in the UK was walking home from a nightclub in my late teens/early 20's so 30 odd years ago. 

Â