Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

What really confuses me is when someone is looking kind of down after their team have conceded a late goal, who then break out in wild celebration from seeing their own dumb face on the screen. I mean, it’s like you don’t really care about the match at all. 

See also baseball fans who go crazy after catching a home run ball from the other team (and the game is still remotely competetive.) Why would you cheer for the other team just because you caught the f***ing ball? 

You have two options: (1) give it to the nearest kid or (2) 🎤 drop it onto the outfield 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Gareth Southgate cheers me up.

Stands back and waits for VT implosion.

Wrong thread. Clearly one for Unpopular Onions. 

Edited by Rds1983
Seen the typo but seems fitting as he's making grown men cry.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Wrong thread. Clearly one for Unpopular Onions. 

(Disregarding the funny typo.)

These threads are even more apt:

Scottish people having a bad few weeks,  if we win it they will have a really bad life going forward.  Like the small heaths,  their life is based around hoping others fail is more important than their own teams.

The effect of us winning on us is the total opposite for them.  Imagine how unhappy they all were last night.  

Utter scum for supporting Denmark.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Crikey. You having a bad day, mate?

I am OK,  just tired.  (Its an hour ahead here :-)) ...the extra time and pens,  it gets late here mate 😀

I suppose if we win it and Jack scores the winner then we are all laughing at the small heath and the scotch people.

Finally finishing a massive 2500 piece jigsaw puzzle of Mount Rushmore and throwing up my hands in triumph.

Sometimes it really is the simple things in life that gets you through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Finally finishing a massive 2500 piece jigsaw puzzle of Mount Rushmore and throwing up my hands in triumph.

Carefully though. You don't want to lose face!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't imagine competing with my other half for a job, that must be quite an awkward scenario.

Some of the stories she told me about him over the years completely reinforced my opinion of him. Some were actually borderline scary, I sometimes felt like asking her why she was with him. I can't imagine for 1 second he took her beating him to the job well. 

In truth he was on a higher level than the job entailed, it would have been a step down and was a little part of how his antics unfolded.  He offered to walk out halfway through the interview so I think he probably knew he hadn't got it. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I made my excuses and ran over to tell the director before he put his foot in it asking her what she thought of that pratt

Schoolboy error, why on earth would you do that?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't imagine competing with my other half for a job, that must be quite an awkward scenario.

Why do I suspect he's taking one for the team?

If he's over qualified and gets an interview slot, acts like a complete nutter because he doesn't want the job (He even offered to walk out half way through), then they've increased her chances of getting the job.

• Like 2

Â