Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m glad my kids followed a different path, my daughter has just achieved a 1st class honours degree in Biomedical Science. A far cry from my attitude to education in those days. 

Yeah, you bought it from a dealer, she's learned to grow it herself in the name of medical science

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My last day of school was great. I’d had this on again off again romance with this Australian girl during the school year. Basically there was a bit of a clash between us as she was quite a “good girl” and I was the leader of this greaser gang. 

Anyway, as a gesture to show her I was prepared to change my ways, I turned up to this carnival (that was inexplicably set up outside the school) dressed in a softer style. Well, really it was just a white cardigan, so in retrospect I hadn’t put too much effort. 

But then this girl turns up in this leather jacket and black skin tight outfit. Stunning. It transpired that she’d ultimately realised she should conform to my lifestyle. So that was a result.

We spent the afternoon at the carnival, singing and dancing with her friends and mine. Incidentally they all found themselves partnering up too. Everyone was already in fairly high spirits as I’d recently won a drag race at Thunder Road against the leader of a rival gang.

Then me and this girl drove off in this fancy red Ford de luxe convertible which also flew.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47umbj8epnoc8hyor28y

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s lovely to have a day in the office, if only to remind myself how much I **** hate people.

Guy sitting across from me has 1) phone on ridiculously loud and is getting text messages all day. Then 2) he has been scraping the inside of a yoghurt pot with his spoon for about 15 minutes. 
It’s all **** gone. Just throw it in the bastard bin already.

Proper LOL for this. 

I can hear that sound of spoon on plastic carton from here. We used to have a woman that did the same! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My last day of school was great. I’d had this on again off again romance with this Australian girl during the school year. Basically there was a bit of a clash between us as she was quite a “good girl” and I was the leader of this greaser gang. 

Anyway, as a gesture to show her I was prepared to change my ways, I turned up to this carnival (that was inexplicably set up outside the school) dressed in a softer style. Well, really it was just a white cardigan, so in retrospect I hadn’t put too much effort. 

But then this girl turns up in this leather jacket and black skin tight outfit. Stunning. It transpired that she’d ultimately realised she should conform to my lifestyle. So that was a result.

We spent the afternoon at the carnival, singing and dancing with her friends and mine. Incidentally they all found themselves partnering up too. Everyone was already in fairly high spirits as I’d recently won a drag race at Thunder Road against the leader of a rival gang.

Then me and this girl drove off in this fancy red Ford de luxe convertible which also flew.

Oh man, that sounds ace. 

We just went strolling and drank lemonade 😞

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know it’s bin dunne, but Oasis b-sides on Absolute Radio 90’s.

Was treated to Acquiesce on the way back from the shop this evening 👌 

Some belters on there today. its my go-to radio channel of choice when I WFH

Even heard Fat Les on there today, just for @Mark Albrighton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

hired some boats on the local park lake and proceeded to re-enact the Battle of Trafalgar, to the consternation of the parkkeeper, who threatened to call the police. Got home pissed, wet through, and very happy. 

The joys of a grammar school education ;) 

Someone drew a cock and balls on my shirt and I shared a few cans of Hofmeister with a couple of mates. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

The joys of a grammar school education ;) 

Someone drew a cock and balls on my shirt and I shared a few cans of Hofmeister with a couple of mates. 

Joking aside, you're probably right about the grammar school thing. 

Although the Trafalgar thing was just my attempt at humour for the post, we didn't say that at the time. We were just being drunken hooligans in rowing boats. 

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some belters on there today. its my go-to radio channel of choice when I WFH

Even heard Fat Les on there today, just for @Mark Albrighton

I was listening to main Absolute Radio on Alexa and when absolute 90s played Fat Les it somehow got crossed with the main channel and I had a mash up of Vindaloo and another song. I don't know why but it happens from time to time. 

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Good to get back in the office today and get back to a bit of normality.

The day went quick as was really busy today with call after call coming in and getting loads of text messages from colleagues.

Did manage to stop for a bit of lunch and enjoyed polishing off my yoghurt.

The guy opposite is a miserable git and had a face like thunder all day. Probably a bluenose!

I am not so sure he was a bluenose, he’s got a job!

• Haha 1

Â