Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

So we met up in Monmouth and had a weekend of football, beers, food and a day course at a blacksmith forge to make a Bowie knife!

Have you tried that before or were you Absolute Beginners? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I love that road - A535 from Holmes Chapel to Alderley Edge.... where you pass the big viaduct and then Jodrell Bank dish. Lovely part of the world, could see myself living there! Was on Rightmove when I got home last night :D 

Had a customer live off Woodbrook road on the hills which is just off the main high street, mews house, could see the airport from his house. Apparently Everton Doctor lived next door to him, Rio on Woodbrook and Ronaldo still owned a house on Woodbrook which was just looked after, never lived in since he played for Man U. The property around that area is insane.

On 04/07/2021 at 06:55, bickster said:

Get you mixing with the Cheshire Set, That's where @NurembergVillangoes for a better class of vaccination, where the cubicles have velvet drapes and the smell of gold lined silk is pumped into the air to hide the pungent odour of Footballers Wives nether regions :mrgreen:

Absolutely.

The only unpleasant smell remaining in the area was Rio Ferdinand's beard dye.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just back from a great weekend with a mate I don’t get to see often.

So we met up in Monmouth and had a weekend of football, beers, food and a day course at a blacksmith forge to make a Bowie knife!

a brilliant experience and left with a real sense of achievement! 

The England win was the icing on the cake! 

C188069B-7691-4B0A-894E-03C0948A469D.jpeg

5C0EDC00-E860-46BD-81AE-678A8045F8DF.jpeg

023B56AC-F94E-462C-B80B-BC08C174CB40.jpeg

Yes, but will it Cut?

Forged_in_Fire_Beat_the_Judges_Cast_Doug

• Haha 1

Funny the chat about Alderley Edge, stopped off there as the last night of our road trip holiday this week. Cant' say I liked it much. Just so money obsessed. The alderley edge hotel was well overpriced for what it promised, being shittest of the hotels we've stayed in, the others as much as 50% cheaper, and going for a wander round the streets and just felt like a proper keeping up with the jones vibe with all the fancy new cars everywhere. The people as well in the restaurants, first time I've seen that breed of person who thinks money is great but no idea what to do with it so they dress like morons. Footballers wives reference is probably true.  I suppose the hotel advertising one of the attractions in the area being " to wear your Ray Bans and go celeb spotting" should have been a neon warning sign for clearing in the woods alert. 

That said, the Italian we went to 'Gusto' was very nice! 

On topic the previous week before that night was excellent :D Lake District, Glasgow, Loch Lomond National Park and Edinburgh made for a very varied ( and knackered leg ) northern tour. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Final update on that fundraiser for the young German girl.

Just Giving link

A positive result I think.

I would like to believe that the pond life who were calling this young girl, among other things, a “nazi” and calling Joel Hughes, among other things, a “pedo” (sic) might pause for a moment’s  reflection tonight between rounds of Carling. But I doubt it.

A tip of the hat from me to Mr Hughes, the German girl, her family and Just Giving.

I wonder why the director chose to put video of a little girl crying on the big screen, if it wasn’t to ridicule her?

It was a bit cruel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder why the director chose to put video of a little girl crying on the big screen, if it wasn’t to ridicule her?

It was a bit cruel.

More naïve, really. It's virtually a tradition to show crying fans - men, women and children - crying when their team has lost a big game. Normally, nobody takes much notice. But they forgot that This Is Engerlund, and it brings out the poisonous meatheads. I don't think it will happen again. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

More naïve, really. It's virtually a tradition to show crying fans - men, women and children - crying when their team has lost a big game. Normally, nobody takes much notice. But they forgot that This Is Engerlund, and it brings out the poisonous meatheads. I don't think it will happen again. 

They showed a couple of Italians crying last night (after Spain equalised), I think for adults it’s fair game. 
To pick on a child seemed a bit harsh. Chances are she wasn’t even crying about the game anyway. 

Edited by Genie

Just now, AVFC_Hitz said:

Does anyone else get annoyed when people catch themselves on the big screen they then wave at the big screen, and not the camera pointing at them?

I guess its harder to find the camera than the screen

16 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Does anyone else get annoyed when people catch themselves on the big screen they then wave at the big screen, and not the camera pointing at them?

What i really hate is when the cameras pick up a really hot looking lass in the crowd (in bikini top if I'm lucky).....she sees herself on the big screen.....plays up to it....then some lard arsed bloke from the row infront also sees himself (or the top of his fat head) on screen, decides to jump up and start dicking about thereby hiding said lovely lady from my view 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

According to plenty on here, it was **** hilarious so I imagine it may be repeated.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, El Zen said:

What really confuses me is when someone is looking kind of down after their team have conceded a late goal, who then break out in wild celebration from seeing their own dumb face on the screen. I mean, it’s like you don’t really care about the match at all. 

There was an Italian supporter last night, after Morata scored. Hands on head, looking down in the dumps. then sees himself on the screen and is all happy. Jog on pal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â