Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I always try and be a progressive male, looking past caveman instincts and whatnot but everytime I meet a woman it's always 1. would I shag or not and 2. How are the milkers?

Shallow I know but its repressed neanderthal wiring I think.

Without that wiring, babies wouldn't be born.

And please don't think women are any different.  I work as the solo male in an office of females.  They often judge men as they walk past.  It's a social construct that men who vocalise their desires are "pigs" and women don't think those things.  Since I've worked here, I've realised just how rank women can be. :lol: 

Three scumbags on mopeds run over in an "incident" yesterday near Elmdon airport, by a 70 year old man in a Merc who initially fled the scene but went to Plod later that day. The scumbags had been seen earlier acting like dicks.

That cheers me up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

buy buy buy! :lol:  

If you want to lose pots of cash yes, It's already $2 down on yesterdays close and the market hasn't opened yet. It has lost $20 per share since launch 6 months ago

They might be liable for a £1Billion Tax bill in the UK by the end of the week

Then they might lose their London licence which effectively completely scuppers their UK operation...

On 04/11/2019 at 21:37, Ingram85 said:

I always try and be a progressive male, looking past caveman instincts and whatnot but everytime I meet a woman it's always 1. would I shag or not and 2. How are the milkers?

Shallow I know but its repressed neanderthal wiring I think.

that sorta reminds me of something that happened to me  yesterday

I was in the gym and talking to my mate about a woman that had been in the gym the day before , she had an amazing pair enhanced by the fact she was doing skipping exercises in front of me as I was on the rowing machine (i should add i was there first and not perving) resulting in a hypnotic bounce action

little bit later we'd moved on to talking about a gig we are off to tonight and I  soon became aware of a lady standing nearby us saying " would you like me to answer your concerns "  ,we  ignored her at first as we thought she was talking to someone else but it soon became apparent she was talking to me/us  , she said i could hear your conversation and if you have any questions you can always ask me  ... the penny didn't really drop and we kinda thought she was a bit weird and ignored her and she went away .

I finally stopped yacking and got on the cross trainer and after about 5 mins the penny dropped that we had initially been talking about breasts and this lady had rather a large pair of them and possibly thought we were talking about her .

I stopped my exercise and went to where she was to talk to her , she had headphones on and said go away i don't wish to speak to you and i can't hear you , which i thought was ironic ,  but I persisted, and she took the headphones off ... I apologised that she had overheard our conversation , assured her she wasn't the topic of the conversation and aplogised for what was an inappropriate conversation to be having . 

She smiled said Thank you so much for doing this , offered me her hand and said "My name is Deborah nice to meet you"

I can't profess that I'll change my caveman ways   , but I learnt quite a humbling lesson all in all

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If you want to lose pots of cash yes, It's already $2 down on yesterdays close and the market hasn't opened yet. It has lost $20 per share since launch 6 months ago

They might be liable for a £1Billion Tax bill in the UK by the end of the week

Then they might lose their London licence which effectively completely scuppers their UK operation...

I’d have been bothered by this not so long ago, but I’m tired of the word removeds and their constant surge pricing and drivers cancelling before arrival. I can’t remember the last time it wasn’t surge or the last time the driver who first accepted actually turned up. 

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I’d have been bothered by this not so long ago, but I’m tired of the word removeds and their constant surge pricing and drivers cancelling before arrival. I can’t remember the last time it wasn’t surge or the last time the driver who first accepted actually turned up. 

it always was a race to the bottom with them

On 05/11/2019 at 11:12, lapal_fan said:

Without that wiring, babies wouldn't be born.

And please don't think women are any different.  I work as the solo male in an office of females.  They often judge men as they walk past.  It's a social construct that men who vocalise their desires are "pigs" and women don't think those things.  Since I've worked here, I've realised just how rank women can be. :lol: 

This is true. You only have to mention Tom Hardy's name in our office for the place to go in to a practical frenzy of "ooh, I'd bang the a*** off that !!" and similar such smutty comments.

Funny thing is, there's a new starter at our place, mid forties, has a grown up daughter but she could knock the girls 20 years her junior here in to a cocked hat, cos of her figure, dress sense and overall style. Even on dress down fridays the amount of bitchy looks these young women give her is highly amusing ! 

Actually, the young uns should be ashamed as a few of them are of the "get lashed and kebab finalé" type and it's already starting to tell in their pasty faces and expanding waistines. 

A bit off topic i know but it makes me smile 

I've just come back from an opportunity to demo a new augmented reality technology that's being developed primarily for use in surgery.   The glasses allow you to visualize a 3D raw dataset of a CT scan floating in front of you (a skull in my case) while still seeing the real world.   Your physical position determines the cut plane of the CT slice, so if you move or lean forward it's as though you are gradually slicing further into the skull, seeing sinuses, eye orbits, etc. appear and vanish as you progress.  You can also reach out and grab the object and move it and rotate it, seeing slices from different angles as you do, and move it toward you or away instead of moving yourself toward it to change the cut plane.   If you see a slice you want to keep available, you say, "slice" and you can look up and see standard CT slice images from that exact point in the 3 orthogonal planes and they'll stay there as you continue to manipulate the object.

A surgeon could have this available in front of him/her immediately above the real patient to help visualize where he needs to go, what the organ/lesion looks like, etc.   They'll be able to record surgical procedures and play them back for training and use it for simulation.   They also have an anatomy tool that allows you to reach out and manipulate a body, grab organs and structures and pull them out and look at them.

Absolutely mindblowing!

• Like 2

There's a homeless indigenous girl who busks that I get along well with. She's articulate, clean from alcohol and drugs, and the poor thing is only 20, and on the street.

If you're familiar with indigenous Australians artwork, she's done me a piece on canvas that has all the usual vibrancy, depicting Aussie landscape and ocean. It's all dotted.

Then, in stark contrast to that, she's included an oil rig with black dots trickling into the landscape and ocean, I may not have described it well but it's a great piece in my mind.

I'll have to post a photo when I get the chance.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, A'Villan said:

There's a homeless indigenous girl who busks that I get along well with. She's articulate, clean from alcohol and drugs, and the poor thing is only 20, and on the street.

If you're familiar with indigenous Australians artwork, she's done me a piece on canvas that has all the usual vibrancy, depicting Aussie landscape and ocean. It's all dotted.

Then, in stark contrast to that, she's included an oil rig with black dots trickling into the landscape and ocean, I may not have described it well but it's a great piece in my mind.

I'll have to post a photo when I get the chance.

Pop one on of the picture she painted too.

• Like 2

Â