Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Count me in, too. Can't convince the missus, who puts black pepper on everything. 

Yeah I figure it's either just laziness or white is too strong for them.  It's no co-incidence that I like almighty hot curries, but then again I know that you don't.  I'd never put white on pizza or pasta for example.  They all have their purpose.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think you understand the faux sophistication that comes with black pepper

leave the peasants with their 89p white pepper in a small plastic pot, I have a £1.49 black pepper grinder

But surely that means I've spent £2.38.  I win.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

But surely that means I've spent £2.38.  I win.

no, you cant have both, that's outrageous 

seriously though I think theres about 5 types of salt in my house but only a black pepper grinder, haven't bought white in years* not sure why

* last time I bought it was cooking some Chinese food that specifically stated you needed white pepper for one part and black pepper for another so I got both just to see what the point was

back to the original point - tinned tomatoes on toast? GTFO! that's another thing I don't buy anymore, i only ever buy passata now, beans on toast is a pass but that's with a splash of Worcester sauce and black pepper for me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no, you cant have both, that's outrageous

I'm going to use both on the same dish tonight now.  Screw you.

• Like 2

Sweet WFH today, meeting my wife for beers  in a little over an hour and tomorrow a new tattoo. Yes I have had to pay a fortune for work on my motorhome, but really, that was budgeted for and therefore its shaping up to be a good weekend.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yeah I figure it's either just laziness or white is too strong for them.  It's no co-incidence that I like almighty hot curries, but then again I know that you don't.  I'd never put white on pizza or pasta for example.  They all have their purpose.

Quite so. I rarely enjoy the taste of black pepper - it has a strange sort of... sweetness(?). That's not quite the word, but I know what I mean. Whereas white is simply... hot. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for curries, I don't mind a bit of heat - I like chillies, for example. And hot horseradish sauce. And English mustard. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Sweet WFH today

Same for me, and seeing the weather it vindicated the executive decision I made at 6am this morning! 

Enjoying WFH more nowadays. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same for me, and seeing the weather it vindicated the executive decision I made at 6am this morning! 

Enjoying WFH more nowadays. 

Good choice I gave myself an early dart and the traffic was still hell

Appreciate that for many this might be a Thom Yorke thing but I had the good fortune to spend an hour or so chatting with Ben Wheatley last night. We talked a little about film but mostly about life, school, buying houses and normal life stuff. At the risk of sounding a bit Limmy, he was very down to earth and very funny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Appreciate that for many this might be a Thom Yorke thing but I had the good fortune to spend an hour or so chatting with Ben Wheatley last night. We talked a little about film but mostly about life, school, buying houses and normal life stuff. At the risk of sounding a bit Limmy, he was very down to earth and very funny. 

Well jel.

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Well jel.

I’d be lying if I said you weren’t in the back of my mind when I wrote that ;)

He seemed pretty keen to come again next year (presenting awards at a charity thing) so I’ll give you a heads up next time. 

• Thanks 1

Sat in on the nipper’s Samba practise again this morning.

The noise generated by a full band work out, in a school hall, is just seismic. No amplification and its as loud as any gig you’ll ever go to. 

Sat there with my flask of coffee, a banana and a book for the full 3 hour sesh. Lucky boy.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2019 at 19:02, sharkyvilla said:

Had a new sofa for just over a week and my arse is now officially settled in.  It was touch and go for a while as it seemed a bit firm for my boney arse but it's all good now.

I've just ordered a sofa.  I am a bit worried because we went for a recliner so we can........... Recline.  But I am concerned that the padding might be thinner and lose comfort more quickly. 

Actually this might be better in The Boring thread. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Our garden appears to be the boundary between the territory of two robins. They’re currently shouting at each other from opposing hedges.

I don’t speak fluent robin, but I imagine its along the lines of ‘you **** off’, ‘no, you **** off’, ‘no, you **** off’.

A bunch of magpies were fighting in the garden earlier right above the boys basketball hoop.  One chased the other right down through the hoop/net. 

Slam dunk. 

• Like 1

Â