Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Prefer it so far if I'm honest, Tablet is just about the right size (iPad), my only issue will be reading in the bath (which I do quite a bit), I guess I'll have to read a book instead

On the iPad a double tap zooms in if needed, most of the time it isn't

Cheers.

You could get a waterproof case for your iPad? I'm sure they are out there. 

Found a youtube channel that makes me laugh. Two middle aged brummies in a shed talking about mainly 80's retro/collector stuff. Been watching for a few months and I think it's to blame for the increase in my nostalgia pangs recently.

https://www.youtube.com/user/80smagazine

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Has anyone heard of "Tik Tok Country Cringe" ? (Its like tinder or something).

It's plays like they are all in Blazing Saddles or something but they are for real.  
I found it on youtube today.  Someone has added stand up comedy backgrounds and sound to these so they increase in value.

The hat info one is good but not sure it's widely known,  so I just dunno.

https://youtu.be/PbiEj3mDKVc as an example.  

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

10 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's plays like they are all in Blazing Saddles or something but they are for real.  
I found it on youtube today.  Someone has added stand up comedy backgrounds and sound to these so they increase in value.

1Eec.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I find this completely acceptable and something to waste my Saturday morning on. 

• Haha 1

On 19/10/2019 at 19:17, mjmooney said:

I don't normally bother with FourFourTwo, but this month's has a feature about Villa's Tommy Ball, the only British league footballer to have been murdered (in 1923). A story I was previously unaware of. 

Really?

I am shocked. I thought most over-50 Villans would know that, especially if you've got any books about the club.

That George Stagg, a proper wrong 'un.

Edited by rjw63

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Really?

I am shocked. I thought most over-50 Villans would know that, especially if you've got any books about the club.

That George Stagg, a proper wrong 'un.

Was he a 'nose? 

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Was he a 'nose? 

Doubt it, he was an off duty copper who lived next door to Ball (IIRC). I think it was an argument about chickens...

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Tinned tomatoes on toast with lots of white pepper was always a favourite especially if the toast was burned

A fellow white pepper man :thumb: We're a rare breed.  Essential on tomatoes, eggs & beans.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

My daughter is moving into her new flat tonight probably. I have no idea of the address but I know it's Tooting ways

So in an idle moment and expecting to have to drive down there next weekend, I thought I'd research the local record shops etc.

I come across a forum where @Xann has posted about a record shop in Tooting, he uses the same avatar there too. This made me smile for some reason

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

A fellow white pepper man :thumb: We're a rare breed.  Essential on tomatoes, eggs & beans.

giphy.gif

Count me in, too. Can't convince the missus, who puts black pepper on everything. 

• Like 1

On 19/10/2019 at 19:17, mjmooney said:

I don't normally bother with FourFourTwo, but this month's has a feature about Villa's Tommy Ball, the only British league footballer to have been murdered (in 1923). A story I was previously unaware of. 

The Villa View did a piece on this a while back.

Â