Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chances of finding a better replacement have got to be pretty good, no? 

I'd be surprised but quite pleased if he leaves - as long as replacing him is part of this big month that Tony is promising us. 

Unlike a lot of last year's cohort, I don't think he has an attitude problem, he's just not very good. We don't need both him and Baker. 

He had a decent spell playing with Okore, but it looks like Elphick will start so could do with a left sider that's good enough to play week in week out without regularly cocking up. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm wondering what Newcastle, a team which most of the naysayers see as leaps and bounds ahead of us, see in this "shite" player of ours?:ph34r:

they need a 4th choice centre back

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But he is not even good enough to be our 4th choice centreback. Right?

eh nobody has said he isnt good enough to be our 4th choice centre back. he just shouldnt be starting games for us

41 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Quoted here, as well. If Newcastle can see something in him, maybe RDM can see the same thing (that we can't)

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2016/07/30/roberto-di-matteo-confident-aston-villa-will-keep-ciaran-clark/

He might not be great but we need to replace him with better, as I'm not sure what we already have is. If we lose Clark and Gueye it could be argued that we will have lost our best defender and our best midfielder.

• Like 1

Â