Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

£4.5m for him would be daylight robbery. A travesty of a footballer. Never good enough and never going to be good enough.

Albion are still interested in Villa defender Ciaran Clark and have tabled a £4.5m bid according to The Sun.

I’m looking into the situation and will update later when I know more.

What I know now is that the Baggies have monitored the Republic of Ireland defender for some time and tried to pounce last season when Joleon Lescott moved in the opposite direction.

If a bid has been lodged, Villa are likely to reject it. Boss Roberto Di Matteo is a big fan and sees the centre-half as a vital part of his plans next season.

Clark is due to return to training this week following an extended break after his Euro 2016 duties.

B mail.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Right my family knows his missus family really well (They have actually split up recently) but anyway. He did say not long before we were relegated that he would look for a move if we went down as his wages would drop 50%. So i think if this sun story is true then he will probably be off to the boggies, it would make sense for him and us i would say. His young daughter lives round here, he hasnt got to move anywhere and he will have around the same money at the boggies. For us we get a decent fee for a player who will probably be at the very least 3rd choice. I will ask about and see if i can get any more info.

He was cack for us last season and cack at the Euro's. Sounds like he's got an escape plan anyway, or at least thought about it.

I just hate modern footballers, we paid him good money for some abject performances, then even before we're relegated he's already thinking of jumping ship because his wages would reduce.

Sell him to the baggies, or give us Chester in exchange

disappointed to read that about Clarks (alleged) attitude.

I thought he might be one of the few with some loyalty, but is that story is true and he is angling for a move, in all honesty, he can **** off !     

17 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

£4m and a Gareth McAuley would do me (but yes, I am a bias ulsterman)

prob wont happen but McAuley and Elphick would be easily best partnership in Championship and said before the type of player we need to sign

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Agent Ridgewell mk2 

OT, but did i read this week that Mr Ridgwell made the MLS all stars team? I might have just dreamed that and I've not got the inclination to look it up to be honest. If true i might send the MLS a few youtube clips of some of the sh#t currently employed at B6.

My bad i said he would look for a move in my OP, i didnt mean that exactly. I meant he would look at any offers/moves if we were relegated. so apologies for any confusion on that one.

As sparrow1988 says he is well within his right to seek a move if his wages drop 50% because of relegation. There is no question that he loves villa and doesnt really want to move from us, but again other things like money will play its part in this of course. When he signed his new contract last year there was an offer on the table from the boggies which he rejected im told by him that he didnt even look at before rejecting. That says it all about his commitment to Villa. Its just a shame that he isnt quite good enough imo 

• Like 1

Clark should stay and get an improved deal

basic wage of 75% of his PL wack, special bonus for each leg break from any of

Gabby

Bacuna

Lescott

(top bonus category)

Guzan, Hutton, Sinclair, Richards, 

(shit player category)

This is completely unrelated to Ciaran Clark, just asking a hypothetical question of the moderators.

Is it possible to post some glowing review of all a players greatest strengths on here, hoping that a potential buyer will be impressed and offer a handsome sum, and then after he is sold, delete or edit those comments to destroy the evidence or prevent someone from posting "what do you know, you actually posted how you rated player X so highly."

What do people reckon he's on then. I know he signed a few contracts when he properly came through under Houllier and then got that long one last summer but would be surprised if he's on more than 40k.

So bumped down to 20k....I can fully understand why he'd have that clause to pursue offers in the cash rich premier league.

I was thinking rouhgly 40k ish at a push (it's probably less). It also says a lot about him that he agreed to a 50% wage cut (if true) just to sign a new contract here. He surely knew that relegation was a possibility. He always gave 100% and if other members of the squad cared half as much as him then there's every posssibility that we would have stayed up or at least gone down with some dignity intact.

If Di Matteo is apparently a fan then maybe he'll get a new contract - he would probably sign it if it was a reasonable offer. Maybe the WBA bid is just a rumour. Who knows?

Definitely not the first one that I would want to get rid of.

• Like 1

Â