The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Whether he plays well or not, he is still the oil in the engine and his runs, touch, and football brain would be sorely missed.

Personally I thought he played pretty well last night, and having now watched the TV version still do.

One thing though.....he stood out less......but that’s partly due to the improvement all around him.

With McGinn next to him and Bolasie etc ahead he will tear up this league. But he’s not Messi, he won’t tear up every match. Still - I think we will go up and we will look back on this as a superb season for him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He facilitates others to do so. His impact on the team is far greater than just scoring our assisting.

Which no-one is denying obviously. He could chip in an assist or goal too sometime.

***Spoilers about the above video***

Spoiler

"Which outfield player would make the best goalkeeper?" - (Question submitted by a S. Bruce)

And interesting they are both seen as Teacher's pet and Bruce 'shouts at Jack a lot' that's a good sign

• Haha 1

Just watched the game for the first tine. I knew the score so was able to watch it objectively. I can't believe people are saying he had a bad game. He was exceptional and on a whole different level to everyone else on the pitch. Overall it was a surprisingly good performance from everyone against a good team. Maybe the best performance under Bruce. 

I've seen posts being negative about some of the others too—Jedinak, Tuanzebe, Whealan...all these had probably either their best game in their new position or their best game in ages.

• Like 4

I don't argue against that he is influential or good, i just registered that at the end of the game he didn't run alot. He got the ball and then he passed it on and then he jogged after. I just hope that Bruce is not afraid to sub him off if he's tired and clearly needs a rest.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Apparently he needs to score and assist before people recognize his quality. 

The kid is one or 2 levels above everyone on the pitch, every time he plays. I'm just glad I get to watch him in a Villa shirt for one more year.

34 minutes ago, siminjo said:

I don't argue against that he is influential or good, i just registered that at the end of the game he didn't run alot. He got the ball and then he passed it on and then he jogged after. I just hope that Bruce is not afraid to sub him off if he's tired and clearly needs a rest.

I can't believe people are saying this. Watch the game back again—he gets the ball and runs round about three players every single time. I was a bit in awe I have to say. He played some lovely passes too—he was a massive reason why we were so good. McGinn too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thing with Grealish is even when he is not at his best he is still one of the best players on the pitch. We just expect a lot from him now. Rightly so. 

He loves it....and rightly so.

37 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I can't believe people are saying this. Watch the game back again—he gets the ball and runs round about three players every single time. I was a bit in awe I have to say. He played some lovely passes too—he was a massive reason why we were so good. McGinn too.

I can't believe its taken 910 pages to start with the token negativity! Blows my mind. We have the most naturally gifted player in the league and he "didn't run much", just wow.

Â