The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That asks the question how the hell are we going to meet ffp?

FFP likely isn't the issue the Villa fans have made it out to be. We speculate and speculate and make every situation appear worse than it is. If we're not selling Grealish then those that run this club have run the numbers and are likely confident that we're fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godders said:

I assume we've offered Jack a sweetener for keeping him here. New contract with a £30mill ish sell on clause and the end of this season maybe. 

I think that would only be fair, give him the wage he deserves ( I understand he is one of the lowest paid players) and give him the release clause of our asking price)

I think that is fair, it wouldn't be right to expect him to tie himself down to a club that may be down here for a few more years yet.

Finding it really hard not to run around my office singing super Jack right now.

I don't want to get overly excited but this would be one hell of a statement by the club (particularly if we press ahead with the signings we have in the pipeline).

• Like 2

Great signal of intent. A team with Bryan, Grealish, McGinn and maybe a new striker would be great for the championship. Could also be a tactic from villa. I don't think it's the last we will hear of it. 

My mates changed his tune already.. he basically said that club got sick of spurs taking the piss. Apparently he will offered a new deal aswell circa 35k a week to reflect his commitment... 

If this pans out we are gonna be strong 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder what's happened? We must have been open to selling him otherwise what's all the fuss been about? Maybe we've confirmed a mechanism to get round the FFP issue.

Fairly obvious what’s happened- we value him at a lot more than Spurs are willing to pay. Our new owners have had enough of Levy’s nonsense and pulled the rug. Fair play to them for not being messed around. Great sign of intent and hopefully will be good for Jack to know where he stands too.  

Â