The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

23 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I actually hope he goes to spurs, it will be the best move for his career and he will go far rather than being held back by us just because he supports us. 

Not sure where he would fit currently in that spurs side though, he is way off dele ali standard atm. 

Agree with this. In terms of how Spurs bring on young players (in particular English) how they play football and also with a top manager. I think this would be a dream move for him. 

I hope he really goes on to the be the player we think he can be. 

• Like 1

Spurs can do one. They have one of the youngest, most talented midfields in the country.

Last time I checked they could be successful in midfield for another 10 odd years without needing to add.

I can't blame them for coming in for him, Jack's class and is worthy of a future at any club.

Just shits me if we're going to lose a bit of Aston Villa's pride to a Spurs team that is competing in a way I imagined for us.

Just highlights the misery of recent years, and I say that also being grateful and optimistic for the club.

We're not gaining ground losing players like Jack to what should be our immediate rivals.

Especially if our concerns are financial rather than how the player fits. That's no longer football but enterprise and commodity.

• Like 3

If we have cash bills to settle soon then maybe the best advice we are getting is to arrange Jack's sale in order that the club stays out of administration while it is sold. Makes sense.

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

I love the kid too much to wait him to stay at this sh*tshow. Will kill me to see him in another club's shirt though. 

I hope wherever he goes its to play in the first team and not sit on the bench . 

Just gutted that because of our owner, we not only won't get to see his potential in a villa shirt, we also won't be able to reinvest. 

Selling the best academy player we have had in a generation to just pay off the bills is right up there with lerner relegating us and some of the shit under Doug. 

For me, this is one of the things that means no way back for xia. **** him. 

It makes financial sense to sell him now before someone sells him on our behalf. Good luck to the kid, his form and attitude this season have earned him premier league football. It won't be nice seeing him in a spuds kit though. We need to do it quickly though

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It makes financial sense to sell him now before someone sells him on our behalf. Good luck to the kid, his form and attitude this season have earned him premier league football. It won't be nice seeing him in a spuds kit though. We need to do it quickly though

Clubs are now well aware of our predicament - they will know xia has to sell and get him him for less than we’d normally expect . 

‘Our cards have been shown to all - the vultures will descend to pick the bones - I expect Chester to go too . 

‘We will be left with the dross that nobody will take . 

• Sad 1

Can’t see Spurs paying what we would value him at or what we may even need ... be amazed if they even went as high as £10m

everton are usually the suckers for paying high prices  , let’s hope they are interested 

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Can’t see Spurs paying what we would value him at or what we may even need ... be amazed if they even went as high as £10m

everton are usually the suckers for paying high prices  , let’s hope they are interested 

I feel Everton would be perfect for him - far better option than leicester and he would thrive at Goodison . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Trouble is, any buyers know that we are desperate for cash. It's a buyers' market, we're in no position to hold out and hope for a bidding war. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Clubs are now well aware of our predicament - they will know xia has to sell and get him him for less than we’d normally expect . 

‘Our cards have been shown to all - the vultures will descend to pick the bones - I expect Chester to go too . 

‘We will be left with the dross that nobody will take . 

I don't.

For sure selling off Jack, is like putting salt on the wound.

The trouble with times like this and why they should not be considered is what gets us out of the shite selling Jack inadvertently gets us deeper in it.

Everyone in life makes calculated gambles, it makes the world go around.....but who would put their house on red on a roulette wheel.

Yes , its not far off what we have done.

There is a meeting tonight in Birmingham for the (non villa fan) Sympathisers......Its in a telephone box on the corner of corporation st.

Read on twitter that before all this kicked off Villa valued Grealish at £40mil?

Living in cloud cuckoo land, 10-15m tops imo, potential is there but less proven then the lad at Norwich who they want £20mil for.

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Come now you old rascal , dust off those old boots and get yourself fit for August - your club needs you ;)

I'm only 6'......not tall enough for this league.

• Haha 1

Â