The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Sterling has been one of the best wingers in the premier league this season and alli on his day is unplayable. Think some people get a bit carried away with how good grealish actually is. 

Absdolutely.

Sterling is a far better player than Grealish, currently.

I'm not sure if they are comparable, Sterling is more of a direct runner who now is played as a striker and scores goals. Grealish is more of a playmaker who gets the assists.

Sterling is of course better in the sense that he is worth far more and performs on a higher level, playing in the Champions League, winning the Premier League, going to the WC with England and scores a lot of goals. Despite all of that, I would rahter have super Jack in our team than Sterling. 

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he has the ability and potential 

I felt that after the Liverpool semi final but the 3 years since he has not made the progress I expected him to - now is his time to deliver and I’d love him to score the Wembley winner to take us up . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm not sure if they are comparable, Sterling is more of a direct runner who now is played as a striker and scores goals. Grealish is more of a playmaker who gets the assists.

Sterling is of course better in the sense that he is worth far more and performs on a higher level, playing in the Champions League, winning the Premier League, going to the WC with England and scores a lot of goals. Despite all of that, I would rahter have super Jack in our team than Sterling. 

Ermm, I'm hardly Sterling's biggest fan but this is a bit insane, Sterling at this level would score 30 goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ermm, I'm hardly Sterling's biggest fan but this is a bit insane, Sterling at this level would score 30 goals.

Sterling if you took him right now would yes.

Sterling at the start of the season before Pep got hold of him wouldn't I don't think. His improvement has been fantastic. And he still can't finish! He should probably have approaching 30 goals in the PL this year, never seen someone miss so many sitters.

Edited by Tomaszk

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yeah, it was more emotional than rational from my side. I love Jack, I don't love Sterling, so I'd rather have Jack, he's one of us. It's a bit the same way as I love my old car and wouldn't swap it for a new one, even if the new one has better features. Or a bit like with my wife... or, ermm, I'll stop it there.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Sterling if you took him right now would yes.

Sterling at the start of the season before Pep got hold of him wouldn't I don't think. His improvement has been fantastic. And he still can't finish! He should probably have approaching 30 goals in the PL this year, never seen someone miss so many sitters.

Julian Joachim ;)

On 4/14/2018 at 21:00, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the worst thing about missing out on promotion is we will probably lose Jack. Really is a joy to watch. 

I don't think we'll lose him.  He's still improving and apparently a Villa fan - where is he going to go?

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think we'll lose him.  He's still improving and apparently a Villa fan - where is he going to go?

I'm not sure why he's "apparently" a Villa fan. I think it's pretty well established (and pretty obvious by his actions) that he's a Villa fan.

Having said that I'm not sure that being a Villa fan will keep him at a Championship club for a long time. He's too good for this level. He might give us one more season after this but I don't see him being here beyond that if we don't go up.

Just now, tom_avfc said:

I'm not sure why he's "apparently" a Villa fan. I think it's pretty well established (and pretty obvious by his actions) that he's a Villa fan.

Having said that I'm not sure that being a Villa fan will keep him at a Championship club for a long time. He's too good for this level. He might give us one more season after this but I don't see him being here beyond that if we don't go up.

Let's remove the word "apparently", then.

He's still improving and is a Villa fan - where is he going to go?

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Let's remove the word "apparently", then.

He's still improving and is a Villa fan - where is he going to go?

I think its difficult to know which teams would be interested in him this Summer to be fair but if an offer came in from an established Premier League team it'd be difficult to turn down I'd have thought. Particularly if we're still a Championship club and there's not likely to be any investment at Villa over the Summer.

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I foresee a cheeky bid coming in from the likes of Leicester or Burnley if we don't get promoted.

I wouldn't be surprised if a cheeky bid came in from a top 6 club.

43 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I foresee a cheeky bid coming in from the likes of Leicester or Burnley if we don't get promoted.

I just don’t see him leaving us for Leicester or Burnley at the moment purely because they’re Premier League clubs.

• Like 1

whoever he eventually goes to, I will be sure to watch more of their games. I genuinely enjoy watching him play that much.

in saying that, It may be naive on my part, but I really don't see him leaving for just an average prem club. I reckon it would be either Villa in the Champ or a top 6 prem team for Jack

13 minutes ago, poitier said:

I don't think any top 6 club would be interested at the moment, the best move for his development would probably be a mid table prem club where he is going to get game time.

I doubt a mid table prem club could afford him

On 14/04/2018 at 23:23, Keener window-cleaner said:

We won't know the answer to these things until Grealish is playing for one of the very top sides, if he ever does, who knows, maybe we'll become a top side,and he'll be the catalyst for getting us there. I'm hoping Dr Tony is a man filled with such ambition and why shouldn't he be ?

Â