The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Let's remove the word "apparently", then.

He's still improving and is a Villa fan - where is he going to go?

I personally think he would leave us for any premier league club if the money is right and the club accept the bid. He needs to be playing at the highest level. 

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any premier league club can afford him. The question is whether they are willing to take a chance by spending 15-20 million on a championship player.

Anything less than 50M would be a travesty :P.

I never understand this he is only worth £20m etc. His value is whatever we as a club decide we are happy with to break the contract he has with us and let him move. It is not what we as fans think he is worth, or what the potential buying club think he is worth (see Gareth Barry/Liverpool). The club will weigh up whether the money is too good to turn down, and whether we can use that money to strengthen our team. If it were down to me it would be £50m upwards, going by some of last summers fees. If that is too rich for some teams then tough!

Assuming worse case scenario and we don’t achieve promotion. I am hoping nobody is tempted to shell out enough to tempt us this summer and we get a full season out of Jack next season, replace the departing deadwood with players who contribute more to the team, and achieve auto promotion next year. I think we are close, and if we can keep key players here and build with them then we have a better than very good chance next season in my opinion.

Best case scenario, we achieve promotion this season via Auto or most likely play offs and sign Jack to a new 4-5 year deal!

41 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I never understand this he is only worth £20m etc. His value is whatever we as a club decide we are happy with to break the contract he has with us and let him move. It is not what we as fans think he is worth, or what the potential buying club think he is worth (see Gareth Barry/Liverpool). The club will weigh up whether the money is too good to turn down, and whether we can use that money to strengthen our team. If it were down to me it would be £50m upwards, going by some of last summers fees. If that is too rich for some teams then tough!

Assuming worse case scenario and we don’t achieve promotion. I am hoping nobody is tempted to shell out enough to tempt us this summer and we get a full season out of Jack next season, replace the departing deadwood with players who contribute more to the team, and achieve auto promotion next year. I think we are close, and if we can keep key players here and build with them then we have a better than very good chance next season in my opinion.

Best case scenario, we achieve promotion this season via Auto or most likely play offs and sign Jack to a new 4-5 year deal!

I guarantee if we turned down a 20M bid for him he would hand in a transfer request. Wouldn't be good for him of the club.

I'd also be very surprised if a a club even offered that amount. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I guarantee if we turned down a 20M bid for him he would hand in a transfer request. Wouldn't be good for him of the club.

I'd also be very surprised if a a club even offered that amount. 

How do you know this? Do you know him personally, or are you his agent? ;)  

If Jack has any love for his boyhood team (which I think he does) you would think he would act with a bit more dignity in this matter. He is still young, and I believe we could persuade him to give us one more season here, then if we fail next season he will have 1 year on his deal and could move with best wishes of everyone at the club.

Also, if we bend over every time a team comes sniffing for our better players we will get nowhere as a team. £20m is a laughable figure considering what some ok players were going for last summer, and as the unwilling seller we set the price not the buyer. If you are correct and nobody would offer as much as that then we don’t have a problem.

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

How do you know this? Do you know him personally, or are you his agent? ;)  

If Jack has any love for his boyhood team (which I think he does) you would think he would act with a bit more dignity in this matter. He is still young, and I believe we could persuade him to give us one more season here, then if we fail next season he will have 1 year on his deal and could move with best wishes of everyone at the club.

Also, if we bend over every time a team comes sniffing for our better players we will get nowhere as a team. £20m is a laughable figure considering what some ok players were going for last summer, and as the unwilling seller we set the price not the buyer. If you are correct and nobody would offer as much as that then we don’t have a problem.

I don't think anyone will offer that so I guess we'll never know....

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I agree, Jack is worth more to us than that. Let’s not forget that Jordon Ibe (who is just a few months younger) went for £15m, has he done far less than Jack in his career so far.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think anyone will offer that so I guess we'll never know....

Hopefully not, but all going well we gain promotion and this does not even become an issue. 

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally think he would leave us for any premier league club if the money is right and the club accept the bid. He needs to be playing at the highest level. 

I just don’t see it. 

If I'm playing for the team I support and they have a very realistic chance of being promoted next season (assuming we don’t go up this time round), why would I join a West Ham/Burnley/Bournemouth/Leicester type club purely because they’re in the Premier League? I could understand if a top club came knocking, but just any old PL side? I don’t see it happening. 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I just don’t see it. 

If I'm playing for the team I support and they have a very realistic chance of being promoted next season (assuming we don’t go up this time round), why would I join a West Ham/Burnley/Bournemouth/Leicester type club purely because they’re in the Premier League? I could understand if a top club came knocking, but just any old PL side? I don’t see it happening. 

Money.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

25m for grealish is about right id say and we would be stupid to turn it down as a championship side 

We would be stupid to accept it. £25 million could not replace him and that amount would make little difference to us

• Like 1

Â