The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

whereas i think the answer is that southgate should take a look at him because he offers something that not many others in the squad do and because he would be a back up to an out of form ali and an injured lallana the reality is the media has a hard on for jonjo shelvey at the moment so he would be the next in line for a "shock" call up, after that i wouldnt be surprised if maddison got the nod over jack, maybe even the likes of chalobah or other chelsea kid who makes a living from not playing football

all of those would just disappear in to obscurity in the england set up, they're nothing players, put a shift in side way pass keep the ball at best players, jack you cant guarantee it but theres a better chance of him pulling a rabbit out of his hat

Maddison isn't as good as Grealish in my opinion, not as naturally talented but still a good talent.

Chalobah plays in a different role to Jack, he's more defensive 

Grealish should go to the World Cup on current form in my opinion 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not? I don't many English midfielders that are in better than him currently, I don't think calling him up would be a gamble

Southgate has picked his pool of players and had them training and playing in friendlies.

Stevo isn’t saying whether or not it would be a gamble to pick him, just that the decision has been made already and nothing is going to change that.

Edited by a m ole

25 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Southgate has picked his pool of players and had them training and playing in friendlies.

Stevo isn’t saying whether or not it would be a gamble to pick him, just that the decision has been made already and nothing is going to change that.

If honest I dont think England would know how to use him properly and push him onto the wing. He is different though to any other English player in my view

• Like 2

I don't really see how he can be assessed against other potential/likely England players while he is playing in the Championship, so I don't think there will be any chance of him being in the squad until he is back in the Prem.

I genuinely don't think that performances in the Championship are much different to the Premier League. 

Outside of the top 6 clubs the rest of the PL is full of dross, most teams not even as good as down here shown by the number of PL clubs who struggle when relegated and Championship clubs who do well when promoted. 

Most games week in week out in the PL Jack would shine just as brightly I think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not? I don't many English midfielders that are in better than him currently, I don't think calling him up would be a gamble

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No chance, imo.

Not because he isn't good enough, but Southgate has used dozens of players recently, all of whom he's having a look at with an eye on the World Cup. He's not going to suddenly include Grealish, who hasn't been in a single one of those friendlies, in his final 23 man squad. It just isn't going to happen.

He'll make that squad eventually. But the world cup is probably 12 months too soon for him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villarocker said:

Amazing goal that will no doubt attract many clubs this summer regardless of our finishing position. 

If we get promoted is there a chance for him to go to Russia this summer?

I certainly hope not.

A good rest ready for next season please.

38 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I certainly hope not.

Even though I'm not from England and could care less about how they fare in tournaments, I think it's possible more than probable, that Jack being included in Southgate's plans would be a win for all involved.

It would be a new platform for Jack to develop, and would provide England with some creativity and style that they probably lack in midfield. I haven't seen much of Alli so can't comment on him but aside from him I'd say Wilshere is the next best, and from an attacking perspective I don't think Grealish is too far off Wilshere. I'd say he's probably superior in a few ways.

I'm not worried about him getting exposure, just the club seeing him as a financial asset above a footballing one. Thankfully nothing's been said or done to indicate that.

21 hours ago, terrytini said:

I certainly hope not.

This! I want Jack nowhere near Russia this summer, for a variety of reasons.

I think Jack missing the first half of the season means he won’t get a look in this summer. As mentioned earlier he hasn’t been in any of the squads in the recent friendlies which suggest he isn’t being considered at the moment.

If he helps us to promotion this year, rests up during the close season, then hits the ground running next season, then I think we will see him get a call up.

18 minutes ago, NeilS said:

This! I want Jack nowhere near Russia this summer, for a variety of reasons.

I think Jack missing the first half of the season means he won’t get a look in this summer. As mentioned earlier he hasn’t been in any of the squads in the recent friendlies which suggest he isn’t being considered at the moment.

If he helps us to promotion this year, rests up during the close season, then hits the ground running next season, then I think we will see him get a call up.

I don't want to see him playing in one of them Cossack hats next season either.:)

• Haha 1

On 11/04/2018 at 18:04, SidSidSidSid said:

This sounds even more ridiculous now! ☺

He played well and scored a worldy it still doesn’t make up for the other lack lustre games. Jack is a far better player when he plays at a high tempo hopefully he realises that and continues to do so.  

I noticed Bruce made an interesting comment in his pre-Leeds match presser. He said about him doing well and he’s maturing, and the comment was “you never know with Jack, he could be Kate for training” or something along those lines. Maybe a bit of an issue in the past, I hope it’s out of his system. 

I fancy another big performance tonight from him!

24 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Quite often I think VT is overstating what Jack is doing in a match, but today I thought he was immense.

He plays like that every game though. He wasn't even at his best tonight like he was against Wolves or Blues for example.

Â