The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villakram said:

He kind of gave up after being fouled a few times when breaking free. He was so passive afterwards with an endless series of meaningless sideways and backwards 5yd passes. Maybe he simply doesn't have the competitive fire inside, but I know how I'd deal with facing Grealish. He needs to show that he can't be fouled out of a game, whereby he essentially gives up. 

He had been doing this since his return until after the Wolves game and now has seemed slipped to have back old ways.

We are struggling in the middle and he is having too much work to do.

I expect Cardiff to kick him all over the park on Tuesday so let’s hope he doesn’t get injured - last season they did the same in a shocking display of thuggery only for old warnock to bleat about diving .

Cardiff will destroy us if we play as dreadful as we have in the last three. Grealish seems to be the same inconsistent player as always. three four good games followed by three utter shit ones. 

adomah and snodders have been poor as well but generally all season they have been good 

This is why we have a squad, so that we can bring others in when players are not performing. But the manager has to be prepared to use that squad.

If Green, RHM and O'Hare are not good enough to slot in, in the Championship, then we are in serious trouble if we do not go up.

I actually think they are good enough, I think our manager's inherent caution prevents him from playing them.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

This is why we have a squad, so that we can bring others in when players are not performing. But the manager has to be prepared to use that squad.

If Green, RHM and O'Hare are not good enough to slot in, in the Championship, then we are in serious trouble if we do not go up.

I actually think they are good enough, I think our manager's inherent caution prevents him from playing them.

he is sticking with the players that have let him down. its time to rotate the squad when you have poor and rubbish performances from players 

• Like 1

Grealish has looked like the player we saw last season again in the last 3 games.

In all 3, first half he was driving at the defenders and trying to pull the strings, however he then slowly dissaperared from the games. Bruce isn't helping him by changing the formation with his substitions meaning he has to play a centre midfielders role in a two and becoming less effective in the attacking 3rd.

I think Hogan & Hourihane would both help Jack get back to his best, and i'm hoping we see it tonight.

24 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Grealish has looked like the player we saw last season again in the last 3 games.

In all 3, first half he was driving at the defenders and trying to pull the strings, however he then slowly dissaperared from the games. Bruce isn't helping him by changing the formation with his substitions meaning he has to play a centre midfielders role in a two and becoming less effective in the attacking 3rd.

I think Hogan & Hourihane would both help Jack get back to his best, and i'm hoping we see it tonight.

Grealish was better with hogan in the side and hogan was better with Grealish in the side - both link well .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Grealish was better with hogan in the side and hogan was better with Grealish in the side - both link well .

I agree I said this in the grabban thread. Hogan seems to bring the best of grealish. Since grabbans come in and played up top alone we have struggled. I think if bench grabban and put Hogan back in to see how grealish does.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

He had been doing this since his return until after the Wolves game and now has seemed slipped to have back old ways.

We are struggling in the middle and he is having too much work to do.

True... but I would hope to see some inner drive to overcome. I do not claim that this is in any way easy. There is so much ability there, it's damn frustrating watching him play an easy pass to a man trapped on the sideline when he is squared up to a defender 30yds out. Don't take him on everytime, but you've got to scare the life out of them or at least draw the second man before passing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

he is sticking with the players that have let him down. its time to rotate the squad when you have poor and rubbish performances from players 

I agree.....and in theory that is the things to do.

However, it seems those coming on are no better.....maybe too samey , as players.....maybe something else.

just a thought.....asking, not telling.....are the central defenders playing too deep, subsequently allowing the opposition to fill the space between our defenders and our midfield and close us down..I know I seem to be on the central midfield's case quite a bit, but I just wonder, if the Central defence are not helping in this matter.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cardiff will destroy us if we play as dreadful as we have in the last three. Grealish seems to be the same inconsistent player as always. three four good games followed by three utter shit ones. 

adomah and snodders have been poor as well but generally all season they have been good 

Cardiff just bully teams, we struggle against a physical threat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick said:

Cardiff just bully teams, we struggle against a physical threat.

On the money for me Dick.

The thing for me is......we have probably the best players in the league on paper, overall that is.

but other clubs have lesser ability, but more suited to this league.....I think some of us struggle to get our head around that.

There are many players at other clubs who are not as good as ours, but are giving us a hard time.....as you say, they physically negate our talent and we haven't got enough disparity to override it.

We have been like this for some time.....I think in some cases we sign players not suited to the task in hand.....the better individuals don't always make the better team.

We also have many ex players, who are doing an ok job elsewhere

• Joe Bennett @ Cardiff
  • Adama Traore @ 'borough
  • Matt Lowton @Burnley
  • Hogg @Huddersfield
  • Robinson & Johnsen @ Preston
  • Bannan @ Sheff Wed

its easy to be wise after the event I guess....but Steve Bruce reckons we was buying worse than what we let go in the past, that maybe so, but the alternative is yet to show its face for me.

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Hogan doesn't touch the ball enough to link well with anyone. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Feel sorry for the kid. Miles ahead of the rest.

Can't see us keeping hold of him if we don't go up 

Yes, I think this is the last we will see from him unfortunately. 

God knows how good he would be in a top team surrounded by great players. 

Unfortunately we won't get as much for him as we would if we were in the PL with him playing well. Someone will pick him up at a bargain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

God knows how good he would be in a top team surrounded by great players. 

I think he would be the worst player in that team tbh. Good that he got a goal today, but he didn't really do much of note until the final 20.

• Like 1

Â