The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

"Merchantable". What a thoroughly modern thinking, progressive footy fan you are young TRO. You're now a fully signed up member of the Soccerball Society (President Paddy Reilly). How is Paddy? Actually has anyone ever seen TRO and Paddy in the same room...........? :huh:

"Hall of memories":)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are so kind Dave......especially addressing me with that oh so seductive word "young"........ to a 66 year old fart.

At 54, 66 doesn't seem so far away and so I'm on a mission to make 66 the new 36. I'm looking for a poster boy to lead the campaign :)

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

At 54, 66 doesn't seem so far away and so I'm on a mission to make 66 the new 36. I'm looking for a poster boy to lead the campaign :)

Thats fine, so long as you keep my Beer Belly out of the picture......its a dead give away:)

On 8 April 2017 at 13:00, magnkarl said:

The problem with Jack is that he's been hyped up since he was 15. Does anyone remember that Odegaard kid that Real Madrid bought? He's now at Herenveen finally getting some play time for the first time in 2 years and probably won't make the highest level of football. Jack needs to go to the lower divisions and graft away, life isn't going to be a cakewalk and he needs to realise that and stop with the off field antics that his short career has been plagued with. He acts like Ronaldo, but has the output of my mate Dan in our pub team. Dan scored once in 2007 and still coasts on that.

Good post. Gulf exists today, almost past the point of no return, where youth can be millionaires or close to it before they're even true first teamers. No YTS schemes no humble origins, just spoils and too much too soon... Excess, immaturity, temptation, bad choices blah blah. All can affect how much they actually give a toss. 

The thing is with loans down the divisions is that you're then in a squad where you've got no excuse to swan about and act the spoiled Billy big bollox , they'll tear shreds off you and re align personality... because every sort of win bonus every result everything matters to them on lesser wages a fraction of their Prem counterparts. Everyone giving their all, no room for Maverick luxury. Jack did go to Notts County and did well though, but just noticed this post above and thought the Odegaard example was interesting. Not the scandals, but agreed on the hype / game time / consistency point Karl

• Like 1

• Grealish plays like turd for months
  • Scores a wonder goal
  • Passive aggressive posts by some people
  • Scores a wonder goal

This is Grealish's villa career.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:
  • Scores a wonder goal
  • Scores a wonder goal

This is Grealish's villa career.

Come on, I am really pleased for Jack. Judging by history he should be able to dine out on that goal for at least another 18 months.

Yep, being a Villa fan means he tends to get held to a higher standard, which is not fault of his own. At 21 he's been expected to do a lot and, as you say, has gotten a tonne of abuse, for not doing so. 

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Could see it on the lad's face today when he scored, the pressure. Gone was the youthful enthusiasm and joy of a kid loving football - it was just pure relief, he didn't even seem able to celebrate properly.

I think the abuse/vitriol has really gotten to him in a big way this season (he really does get some horrible stick on the terraces and social media from a section of 'fans') and he just doesn't seem to be enjoying his football like he used to. Real shame but not surprising given the shit he gets.

As far as 'social media' is concerned, well no one is forcing him to have a twitter account. If this genuinely is a source of abuse for him, then he should close it down, it's as simple as that.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As far as 'social media' is concerned, well no one is forcing him to have a twitter account. If this genuinely is a source of abuse for him, then he should close it down, it's as simple as that.

Apart from I do think the club are having him be active on social media, he's a marketing tool, kodjia is taking over but up until now he's been the marketing tool

said in the pre match thread as soon as you saw the team sheet today you knew we would be shit and he would struggle, he didn't stand a chance, now back to being an unused sub for the rest of the season 

Â