The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bloody hell that's terrible. Chester the third highest?

Kodjia - 19
Grealish - 4
Adomah/Chester - 3

So poor how little goals we've had from else where on the pitch 

• Like 2

On 17/04/2017 at 20:11, mykeyb said:

He is not pacey, he isn't going to take on players and beat them. What he needs is movement in front of him and either side of him. He doesn't get that in the way we play so looks ponderous at best.

He did ok under Sherwood, what's changed?

He had the engine which was Delph next to him. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 17:36, chrisvilla4 said:

If you were going to rely on a player to turn in a decent performance against your bitter rivals then you have to start Jack- villa through and through. 

Id like to think he would be well up for it and get us drooling about what he could do for us next season. 

I don't think you need to be Villa through and through to be expected to be fired up for our local rivals.

Andy Gray was from Drumchapel and Brian Little was from the North east.

Both young kids.....did you need to explain to them the importance of this fixture...not on your nelly.

Its intrinsic......Its either in you, or it's not.

• Like 1

I found it interesting on the numbers interview thing on Facebook, he said the world's best player in his position is Neymar.

This to me suggests he sees himself as a Left Winger / Attacker instead of a central player. I'd say he plays his best football when played out there too.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:33, av1 said:

I see it slightly differently.  I think he would be bullied out of the game. I would be happy with Lansbury/Hourihane behind Hogan. 

He played really well in the cup against them last season I thought.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2017 at 20:12, HanoiVillan said:

Given Hogan's particular demands, I think we need to start all of Jack, Adomah and Hourihane. 

That's not a particular recommendation of any of them per se, and certainly not a recommendation of Hogan, but you go to war with the troops at your disposal. 

Troops with decent stats if you ask me, even if a lot are earned elsewhere they make sense to combine. Hourihane needs to play advanced and getting the ball passed to feet in the final 3rd to slot balls through to Hogan, who makes smart runs. 

I'm alright with Bruce starting here next season but now we need to see our more creative and expressive players together in a positive way that compliment each other.

We don't want to be another team of talented individuals who don't play together. Play-off hopes are gone, the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane were not signed to sniff Jedi's beard oil, let them go and create to feet. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't think you need to be Villa through and through to be expected to be fired up for our local rivals.

Andy Gray was from Drumchapel and Brian Little was from the North east.

Both young kids.....did you need to explain to them the importance of this fixture...not on your nelly.

Its intrinsic......Its either in you, or it's not.

I totally agree but sadly it been hard to see some of our players fired up about anything over the last few years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Troops with decent stats if you ask me, even if a lot are earned elsewhere they make sense to combine. Hourihane needs to play advanced and getting the ball passed to feet in the final 3rd to slot balls through to Hogan, who makes smart runs. 

I'm alright with Bruce starting here next season but now we need to see our more creative and expressive players together in a positive way that compliment each other.

We don't want to be another team of talented individuals who don't play together. Play-off hopes are gone, the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane were not signed to sniff Jedi's beard oil, let them go and create to feet. 

200.webp#0-grid1

Stage was set and again he didn't deliver, have absolutely ran out of patience and could not care less if he's here next season, a player who just flatters to deceive. Part of this is down to Bruce's system, but that isn't going to change, so I do not expect the level of Grealish's performances to change. 

A real shame because I expected big things from him this season...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Stage was set and again he didn't deliver, have absolutely ran out of patience and could not care less if he's here next season, a player who just flatters to deceive. Part of this is down to Bruce's system, but that isn't going to change, so I do not expect the level of Grealish's performances to change. 

A real shame because I expected big things from him this season...

He has neither the pace or strength to go past people, neither the skill. Really I have no idea what he does.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't look like he will make it here. May go on and have a good career, but it will be at another club. Just hope we put sell on clauses etc.

Tend to agree, clearly not without talent, and his 3 or 4 highlight reel goals this season may even induce a premier league side to take a punt on him. Would be genuinely interesting to see how he performs in a team who keep the ball and actually move into space/ make runs when players have the ball in advanced positions.

• Like 1

Some people think that his attitude needs to change for him to fulfill his potential. I agree his attitude isn't right, but i also think his ability is overplayed. 

The kid will never make it imo. 

40 minutes ago, av1 said:

Some people think that his attitude needs to change for him to fulfill his potential. I agree his attitude isn't right, but i also think his ability is overplayed. 

The kid will never make it imo. 

I wonder if his attitude/ petulance is just borne out of the fact he can only do it in flashes( that can be detrimental to any team).....That he hasn't got the capability of consistency and that we are all trying to get him to do what he just can't do?

We sometimes seem to forget.....consistency is a part of being a very good player....its part of the talent.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Tend to agree, clearly not without talent, and his 3 or 4 highlight reel goals this season may even induce a premier league side to take a punt on him. Would be genuinely interesting to see how he performs in a team who keep the ball and actually move into space/ make runs when players have the ball in advanced positions.

It will be interesting to see, if any of the clubs that play like that will be interested?

Â