The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Doesn't paper over the cracks I'm afraid. A little snap shot of the talent that he doesn't show anywhere near enough. 

Exactly where i am. The kid has talent, but you need talent and the right mentality to to play at this level, and i simply don't see the latter. 

I hope todays goal doesn't convince Bruce to play him on sunday, in my humble opinion, he is mentally and physically too weak for a Derby against the scum. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He should play against blues, firstly because he's played well against them before, and secondly because hogan will have to rely on good passes in behind given he can't hold the ball up and grealish is better bet to play a good ball in behind. 

I see it slightly differently.  I think he would be bullied out of the game. I would be happy with Lansbury/Hourihane behind Hogan. 

Depends on the ref, he'll take some kicks and we should win some free kicks / yellow cards

still want to see him play central with hourihane and Lansbury running past him, not left wing, not relying on Gardner, think hogan will run ahead of him, those 2 will pass and move behind him

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Depends on the ref, he'll take some kicks and we should win some free kicks / yellow cards

still want to see him play central with hourihane and Lansbury running past him, not left wing, not relying on Gardner, think hogan will run ahead of him, those 2 will pass and move behind him

I just cant see it. That was his first start for months, i think todays team was maybe picked with one eye on Sunday. I expect Hourihane, Lansbury and Adomah to all return for sha. I just don't think Bruce rates him. Even Amavi (rightly or wrongly) seems to be ahead of him for the left wing slot. 

He is not pacey, he isn't going to take on players and beat them. What he needs is movement in front of him and either side of him. He doesn't get that in the way we play so looks ponderous at best.

He did ok under Sherwood, what's changed?

• Like 1

Given Hogan's particular demands, I think we need to start all of Jack, Adomah and Hourihane. 

That's not a particular recommendation of any of them per se, and certainly not a recommendation of Hogan, but you go to war with the troops at your disposal. 

• Like 3

We really need to find him a position to focus on, I think this has been part of the reason for his stunted progress. Personally I think just in front of the midfielders is his best position. Yesterday he seemed to be playing more centrally in midfield, similar to Tom Davies of Everton and other than his goal he was being caught out in this position. I don't think that was his fault, I think that position is foreign to him.

His position need's to be number 10.

If we are going with 4-4-2 for the remainder of the season then he needs to be playing up top but just behind Hogan, more of a 4-4-1-1.

Out wide he isn't quick enough and takes too long on the ball.

Hogan is making all the right run's, Jack is one of the few players we have who will be able to feed him the ball when he wants it.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 16:25, rodders0223 said:

Come on, I am really pleased for Jack. Judging by history he should be able to dine out on that goal for at least another 18 months.

Gabby did.

If you were going to rely on a player to turn in a decent performance against your bitter rivals then you have to start Jack- villa through and through. 

Id like to think he would be well up for it and get us drooling about what he could do for us next season. 

Jack is a left winger he may one day be good enough to play the 10 role but he's not yet. His whole career he's played LW and his best games for us are from there. I think if he played left and Adomah right it'd be a good balance one out and out winger the other who wants to be involved more. It's strange Bruce doesn't try him there. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Every goal he's scored for us has been excellent. I'm hoping he can add a few shit ones to his game. 

This looks like a stupid thing to say...

... but I know exactly what you mean. And I agree :) 

• Like 3

Â