The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

..Garde has already shown he won't be taken for a clown and rightly so...

If we accept that is the case (Grealish being made to train with the U21s and being left out of the squad for a couple of weeks because of the manager not liking what he did) then wouldn't we also believe that Grealish's return to the squad and the starting line-up has also come about because Garde believes that he learnt a lesson and showed an attitude that deserved reward?

None of that is to excuse his performances on the pitch since he came back but if one accepts that Garde is not suffering fools then he[Garde]'s not going to be playing someone if they're continuing to play/be one.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

He's 20 yes, but not a 17 year old amateur. If we believe the media he is on a fair amount of money for a 20 year old. All I can say was his performance today was embarrassing, an nothing short of a player who can't wait to leave the club. I know we shouldn't blame individual players, but Grealish has showed us he has talent, today he was lazy and very stereo typical of today's footballers. Needs to pull his socks up (no pun intended).

1 hour ago, Thevillanofoz said:

Does anyone know if he's still going out on the piss all the time though?

if he is then it's attitude if he's stopped and is getting his head down then it's a confidence thing imo

I havent heard anything since he was disciplined for the last time, so hes either learnt his lesson or he is doing it on the quiet. After all the post Everton game fiasco, i was round a family freinds house who for various reasons knows Jack well. We had quite a long conversation about Jack and his ways etc He said to me that Jack has had the rules bent for him at Villa compared to most other players when he was breaking through, this may have contributed to his big head syndrome. He also said that some members of the family are a nightmare, which hasnt helped him either.

A crap, half arsed display today from Jack. Its almost an impossible task to stay up now really but if we have any glimmer of hope then people like Jack need start realising their talents very very sharpish. I think he will stay if we go down, he will probably do better having a season or two in the championship with us (hopefully not of course!). As long as he can get his head down and purely concentrate on improving his game over the next 2-3 years then he has plenty of time to fufill his potential but if we keep seeing performances like today and antics off the field then it wont be long before he's sold down through the leagues.

Edited by leighavfc

Not directed at Jack necessary but what happens with all players people say 'oh, he's only 20/21/22'. These kids have been in academies since 5 and been pro's since leaving school at 16. If anyone else took up any other job at 16 and had 4 years to become better along with 10 years in a training school, and was still a bit crap at 20,  they'd be out on their arse. 

In academies, do they actually teach coaching methods and footballing theory etc to the youth players? Or is it just 'healthy living' stuff, fitness and practical aspects? 

I suggested that he should be loaned out at the start of the season and got shot down.

Today's "effort" was pathetic frankly. It may be his style, but he has no urgency and slows down attacks. His use of the ball was dreadful as well. He wasn't the only one, but he has hardly contributed this season (Leicester goal and sub appearance v SHA aside) I wouldn't have him near the first team at the moment.

Get him out to a Championship team so that he can get used to it for next season.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Not directed at Jack necessary but what happens with all players people say 'oh, he's only 20/21/22'. These kids have been in academies since 5 and been pro's since leaving school at 16. If anyone else took up any other job at 16 and had 4 years to become better along with 10 years in a training school, and was still a bit crap at 20,  they'd be out on their arse. 

In academies, do they actually teach coaching methods and footballing theory etc to the youth players? Or is it just 'healthy living' stuff, fitness and practical aspects? 

They do however there is much they don't do. I watched my own lad spend 6 years in the academy system and know several coaches. There is a lot of coaching/technical theory and if you get the chance to ever go watch a decent academy team you will see quite often very good technical football. In many instances I have seen kids as young as 10 playing with more awareness than some of the pros in the premiership. What they cannot do though is teach passion, drive and determination. Some of what we lack at the moment and where most of the kids with the technical ability fall over as the majority end up with their heads up their arses believing they've made it at 15-16.

8 hours ago, benireduk said:

Lee Hendrie Mk 2

Unfortunately it's looking like that.

He must find it embarassing that other players (Ayew and Veretout especially) are showing more passion and desire to play for his beloved club, when he gives the impression of not giving a tom tit.

If he loves the club so much, petty differences with a manager shouldn't make any difference to the way he applies himself on the pitch.

Every match he should be busting a gut, for himself, for the fans and to show the manager how wrong he is.

Sadly this attitude requires hard work, desire and application.....

I get the comparison but I have a feeling that Grealish will be worse. Hendrie broke through at a younger age and IMO gave us his fair share of good seasons before going off the rails. Whilst his lifestyle affected him, he was still a decent player for us.

At almost the same age as Grealish is now, Hendrie was getting an England call up and his first cap, Grealish is some way off that.

I think he'll go the way of most academy grads, have loads of potential and then nothing...Barry Bannan is a good example. Maybe he'll move on and improve like Marc Albrighton...but he seems too much of cocky div for that

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I bet if Jack went to a better organised club he will thrive just like Albrighton has

Maybe. But I think albrighton had a far better attitude than grealish has. Grealish in my view thinks he is something especial but I dont. i think he has some potential thats it. Shown two good performances all season and one was against a championship side

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Always makes me smile when he is referred to as Lee Hendrie Mk 2. On what basis? He's local and got floppy hair? 

To be fair, the floppy hair is a major factor for me. Barry had floppy hair for a while too. He saw sense and had it cut short and now he's got a league winner's medal. 

It can't just be a coincidence.

• Like 3

Â