The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:52, tinker said:

Leicester would be a good fit for him...he will struggle in the championship anyway, £15m should be enough to force Lerner's hand .

you're mental if you think we'd get £15m.

£6m - tops. and most of that after various clauses.

5 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

you're mental if you think we'd get £15m.

£6m - tops. and most of that after various clauses.

Patrick Roberts signed for City for 12 million. He has done a lot less in his career than Jack

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Patrick Roberts signed for City for 12 million. He has done a lot less in his career than Jack

The key is he signed for City - City don't pay book price for anyone unless theres a clause that allows it.

Done a lot less but also a lot less of the negative headlines. We wont get big money for Jack - that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

The key is he signed for City - City don't pay book price for anyone unless theres a clause that allows it.

Done a lot less but also a lot less of the negative headlines. We wont get big money for Jack - that's for sure.

Given that it would be the Summer Transfer Window at the earliest when we would consider selling Jack / Jack may want to leave, there's still time for an awful lot to happen which could dictate a potential transfer fee. A good run of form may be enough to bump up the price, whereas he isn't going to impress anyone if he cannot start in this Villa side, regardless of his age.

I have a feeling he may have no choice but to stick around next season, and then if we don't get promoted then we may start having to fend off offers for his services.

18 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Unbelievable.

He's been reprimanded, and seems to have come back into the manager's plans now. That shows you that Garde believes that his attitude has been good. Otherwise he'd still be out of the squad.

I'd like to see him get more game time now, he's capable of moments of genius. He more developed than Traore and capable of being a provider for the attack.

Bottom of the league, in a game where we got humped 4-0...A game in which he spent the majority of the game moaning, walking around with his hands on his hips, thinking he is the big bollocks, a game, as it transpired, that was secondary to having a nice weekend, planning for all his mates to join him for a nice good piss up.

Why would I want this little div playing for us.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

Funny how everyone was saying he would sign for a top team for 30mil+  and now someone saying not even 6mil 

I've been one of his critics (mostly because reviews gave him in past) but no way is he being sold for anything less than 15 mil In the next 2/3 years.

He needs to improve with pressing/work rate A LOT (and I mean a lot, to the point I think its the only reason he's not playing for us atm) . Rest is good and potential is impressive.

Edited by gharperr

48 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

Maybe City will actually sign him, they like taking our players every couple of years.

18 hours ago, gharperr said:

Funny how everyone was saying he would sign for a top team for 30mil+  and now someone saying not even 6mil 

I've been one of his critics (mostly because reviews gave him in past) but no way is he being sold for anything less than 15 mil In the next 2/3 years.

He needs to improve with pressing/work rate A LOT (and I mean a lot, to the point I think its the only reason he's not playing for us atm) . Rest is good and potential is impressive.

He definitely has potential but it's worth nothing without application. 

The lad is the most naturally gifted player I have seen come through for us since Mark Walters.

He has been an idiot over the last few months off the pitch and I can’t make excuses for that other than he is a young lad who is obviously a little immature.

On the pitch it needs to be remembered he is still very inexperienced at the top level and without doing any research I’d guess he has started under 20 top flight games. It is always difficult for young inexperienced players to come into struggling sides and flourish and you don’t get more struggling than we have been this season. It also needs to be remembered in his short career he has already had the disruption of working under 3 managers and three different sets of coaching staff. None of this will have helped in his development.

We have a really gifted young player here I just hope he and the club don’t allow that talent to be wasted as it would be a travesty if it was.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The lad is the most naturally gifted player I have seen come through for us since Mark Walters.

He has been an idiot over the last few months off the pitch and I can’t make excuses for that other than he is a young lad who is obviously a little immature.

On the pitch it needs to be remembered he is still very inexperienced at the top level and without doing any research I’d guess he has started under 20 top flight games. It is always difficult for young inexperienced players to come into struggling sides and flourish and you don’t get more struggling than we have been this season. It also needs to be remembered in his short career he has already had the disruption of working under 3 managers and three different sets of coaching staff. None of this will have helped in his development.

We have a really gifted young player here I just hope he and the club don’t allow that talent to be wasted as it would be a travesty if it was.

I agree with you Mark but it's a two way street and Grealish for his part needs to lose the attitude and work much harder on all aspects of his game.

• Like 2

I think he has worked hard to get to where he is, he has come through a tough and competitive youth system here.

He knows how to work hard and apply himself, all pro footballer's do, you don't make the break through otherwise.

However, there perhaps is a sense that he thinks he is close to being the finished product, whereas in reality, he is far off that. Or maybe not, perhaps he's just taken his eye off the ball.

Hopefully recent incidents have been a shot in the arm. He knows he must work hard again now. He has amazing potential and I would really like to see him fulfil it.

Because he is one of our own afterall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

That's a bit harsh on Walters, for me Grealish doesn't even compare to Mark Walters. I don't think he ever will either..........

• Like 1

Well Davis has had an excellent career, he would walk in the UK our team now and improve it massively. Same with Albrighton.

Jack is potentially better than both, but those two were always noted for having an excellent attitude and working very hard on the pitch.

It speaks volumes. And Garde has been hammering the same point. Work hard first, then results and performances will come second. It's fundamental to success at all levels, but particularly at the highest level.

6 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Yes Mark was exceptional. He won the FA Youth cup virtually on his own at the age of 15. If we let this lad go and he goes on to big things at another club that would be unforgiveable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes Mark was exceptional. He won the FA Youth cup virtually on his own at the age of 15. If we let this lad go and he goes on to big things at another club that would be unforgiveable.

I just don't see all the potential that others seem to think Grealish has. For me he is bang average and gets gets too much hype because everything else at the club is shite. I'd like to be wrong and I hope I am but I just don't get the whole Grealish thing.

He certainly doesn't excite like Walters did, Grealish doesn't even excite me as much as Daley either.

Â