The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, VillanousOne said:

i'm not anti Sinclair but i would have thought Grealish or Traore could have done more than he managed yesterday

As said in his thread, I think Sinclair was ept on for his defensive contribution. I'm sure if we were chasing the game the Traore would have come on.

But to bring Traore on defending a 1-0 lead would have been suicide.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Based on this season he isn't the saviour you are looking for. 

He played his part in keeping us up and getting us to the cup final last season. He's still very young. Give him a chance!

I think 2 games out is enough if the boss is happy with how he has reacted to being out of the squad. I would have him on the bench for the Arsenal game and would hope he could come on and show how much he has missed playing for us next weekend. 

Gabby and Grealish have both been well out of form this season. Both are said to be Villa through and through. After their breaks for different reasons they need to now come back and bleed for the cause because an on form Grealish will cause problems, and an on form Gabby will make space and together they should be capable of at least us showing some fight as we go down.

Yes Grealish is young and yes Gabby will never be prolific but both have offered more in recent times (last season) than the current players (Grealish for Sinclair and Gabby for Gestede).

I think the season will make or break Grealish now, he's had the honeymoon, he's gone of the rails a tad so now it's decide which road to take - one he ends up where Kane or Barkley are, the other is the tale of Ireland or Bentley. We'll probably know by May.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

As said in his thread, I think Sinclair was ept on for his defensive contribution. I'm sure if we were chasing the game the Traore would have come on.

From my view in the corporate seats :) I can tell you that Westwood was coming on for Sinclair as he was stripped off and the board was ready ... Gestede then got injured and so Sinclair stayed on and Westwood came on for Him instead 

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

As in, the opposite of inept?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Gabby and Grealish have both been well out of form this season. Both are said to be Villa through and through. After their breaks for different reasons they need to now come back and bleed for the cause because an on form Grealish will cause problems, and an on form Gabby will make space and together they should be capable of at least us showing some fight as we go down.

Yes Grealish is young and yes Gabby will never be prolific but both have offered more in recent times (last season) than the current players (Grealish for Sinclair and Gabby for Gestede).

I think the season will make or break Grealish now, he's had the honeymoon, he's gone of the rails a tad so now it's decide which road to take - one he ends up where Kane or Barkley are, the other is the tale of Ireland or Bentley. We'll probably know by May.

Yes I think he needs to cut out the nonsense but his form won't define his career this season as he's got plenty of time and I think he will be a major player for us in the championship.

Young Jack officially back in training with the first team, according to the BBC

Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish has returned to first-team training.

Grealish, 20, was forced to train with Villa's youth team as punishment after reports he visited a Manchester nightclub  after a 4-0 loss at Everton.

He played for Villa Under-21s in their victory over Derby on Monday but has missed Premier League games against Watford and Southampton.

"I am pleased to have him back because he's an important player for the group," said manager Remi Garde.

Grealish has made 12 appearances this season, scoring once.

Villa are bottom of the table and have not won in the league since the opening day.

They face second-placed Arsenal at Villa Park on Saturday, pitting Garde against the club he played for in the 1990s.

The Frenchman added: "I am pleased regarding how Jack trained over the past two weeks with the U21s.

"Jack is back. I am happy for that - and for the team."

• Like 1

Â