The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I can't see anyone offering enough that it's worth selling him rather than giving him a chance to fight for his place and hope he works out. I'm not convinced so far though. He's like a shit Lee Hendrie with half the ability and twice the attittude.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cliffy Biro said:

They do when they knows theres a risk he'll be too much trouble to be worth it. Jack is not quite as extreme but look at Ravel Morrison, all the talent in the world but an utter bellend intent on throwing it away.

West Ham still signed him from Man. United though.

And then after doing little at West Ham a Seria A club like Lazio snapped him up where he's hardly played.

Clubs will always take risks on players especially if they're free or being sold at knock down fees.

Jack Grealish is suffering from second season syndrome, which so many youngsters go through. 

When he started playing last season he will have been so full of confidence and been so exited to play which has given him that something special. Confidence starts going to his head and the excitement he got from playing matches disappears, then the next season he starts badly and the confidence is battered, going down to a new low. The second season syndrome happens to youngsters, foreigners that arrive in new country and new teams that get promoted. They have that something special because they have that buzz of having to impress and excitement.  

Grealish has talent, hopefully this season he can get his head straight, then kick on from there. I'll judge him next season. The talk about selling him is just mental. 

Usually when a team has a talented youngsters they gradually give them more and more game game time, whilst doing their best keeping them out of the limelight. Too much confidence in young players will destroy them, confidence must be earned. This is why I thought Sherwood's handling of Grealish was awful, throwing him straight in the first team and making him believe he is the best player in the world. As soon things go against him that confidence will explode. He can, if he works hard, get out of this little rot stronger than before. 

Edited by Chicken Field

I could never see what all the hype was about personally.  It's not as if he ever came on and won a game for or scored any goals.  He's never played any awesome passes or overhead kicks.  Runs about a bit, strokes hair, no shin pads and goes missing on free kicks.  I fail to see anything out of the ordinary.  Same as Gil nothing really special. 

• Like 1

Think hes trying to hard atm, needs to relax and just play his normal game. I would like to see him played on either of the wings just take the pressure of him a bit and give him a defined roll, he seems to be all over the pitch atm and its not working. He may even produce a few crosses.

As for him being nothing special.............not yet but he has a certain style of play that not many players have, if, and it is a big IF, it can be nurtured then he could be very special.

2 hours ago, ermie123 said:

I could never see what all the hype was about personally.  It's not as if he ever came on and won a game for or scored any goals.  He's never played any awesome passes or overhead kicks.  Runs about a bit, strokes hair, no shin pads and goes missing on free kicks.  I fail to see anything out of the ordinary.  Same as Gil nothing really special. 

:lol: the overhead kicks are what we need now

he has played some awesome passes though, one to Gabby against West Ham was brilliant and another to Cleverley in that game plus a great pass for Delph goal vs Liverpool

It's the excitement of an attacking youth team player breaking through, we had it with Moore 1, Moore 2, Gabby, probably loads others, everyone wants to see them being the hero, being the saviour, but it rarely happens

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok I hope you are right but I think Grealish has shown enough when he has played well thats he's a talent. Gil I am not convinced by.

I agree with you about both players. But Grealish has disappointed me this season. However, I hope he will prove to be as good as you and I both think he will be.

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Apart from Leicester i agree but he has only actually played 4 league games this season and one of those he was only on the field for about 13 minutes so how can we judge him. He is not the reason we are bottom. 

Not sure why you say that or why you think it may be pertinent to the discussion.

When you come on as a sub, it is your chance to impress the manager and make him consider you to start in the next game. Grealish has not done that, in my opinion. Hence my disappointment, as I think he can do better.

Â