The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So a few days ago he's worth over 60m. Now he needs to improve to get in the England team.

Fwiw,  I agree with your 2nd statement Tim,  but stop contradicting yourself. You're making yourself look like a complete arse.

You are with this comment more than sherwood. You can still be worth 30,40,50,60,70,80 million for one team and not be better than those that are worth 15m for another team who will get ahead of you for england. 

The two statements dont contradict each other

Edited by gharperr

Tim has not allowed him to join up with England training as apparently he is "behind" after missing pre-season.

Good, it's not a proper call up as he hasn't got international clearance. Jack isn't ready for England so his time will be better spent with us.

It's a good call by Tim - if Hodgson wants Grealish then call him up. Don't expect us to lend out one of our best players to train with the England team where, knowing our luck, he'll get smashed in a  tackle and out for three months. 

Edited by roonst83

He has been very poor since hes scored (even in that game he was dreadful)........ Very disappointed in his performances. Wonder if his off season antics have caught up with him.

Were becoming a side where we expect this guy to bail us out every game when in reality the other players in our team should be stepping up their game to relieve the pressure on this lad

I wouldn't blame Jack if he wanted out he's on a level above to everything else we have at the club and deserves to be playing alongside better players than some of the cloggers we have at the club pretending they are premiership footballers

A club fighting relegation is no place for a kid to develop and we will ruin his career if people carry on ramping up the pressure on him

The England situation hasn't helped

Edited by AshVilla

He has been very poor since hes scored (even in that game he was dreadful)........ Very disappointed in his performances. Wonder if his off season antics have caught up with him.

Firstly, he was excellent in the Leicester game (or for the first 60 mins anyway, same as the rest of the team). Secondly, he's played well since then (in the Birmingham game). Thirdly, I highly doubt his body has suddenly had a negative reaction to a night out on the town three and a half months ago, do you think that's a common medical situation?

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

Firstly, he was excellent in the Leicester game (or for the first 60 mins anyway, same as the rest of the team). Secondly, he's played well since then (in the Birmingham game). Thirdly, I highly doubt his body has suddenly had a negative reaction to a night out on the town three and a half months ago, do you think that's a common medical situation?

he was shit against Leicester. Yes he scored but before the goal he wasn't any good.

Played well against a championship side.

If you think it was just one night then you haven't seen his twitter and his mates twitter. He wasn't exactly keeping himself fit and it shows. Missed pre season with injury and has had next to no fitness levels. Think he needs more games in the under 21s to build fitness as he doesn't look a starter in my eyes.

he was shit against Leicester. Yes he scored but before the goal he wasn't any good.

If you think it was just one night then you haven't seen his twitter and his mates twitter. He wasn't exactly keeping himself fit and it shows. Missed pre season with injury and has had next to no fitness levels. Think he needs more games in the under 21s to build fitness as he doesn't look a starter in my eyes.

So it's not his 'off-season antics' then, it's the fact that he was injured pre-season? That's a completely different point to the one you first made. I completely disagree with you about the Leicester game as well. 

I think at times he needs to start releasing the ball much quicker. Fannied with it too much at times today down the middle when he had options. Would definitely start Gil in the 10 spot and play Grealish in the wider left position where he will find the spaces to play into. 

• Like 1

I think at times he needs to start releasing the ball much quicker. Fannied with it too much at times today down the middle when he had options. Would definitely start Gil in the 10 spot and play Grealish in the wider left position where he will find the spaces to play into. 

With wider right position - Adama we will sort and opposite defence will got nightmare. 

I love the guy, but he has regressed this season. Everything happened for him very quickly last season, all over the media, Ireland/England debate, the new wonderkid.

I do not think it is his age, in football 19 is the new 22, I just think it has been too much for him. But he will come through it and I think he will become the player we all think he is.

Â