The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack wasn't great today but he still played a good part in the goal.

Let's remember how good he was end of last season...now that was with Benteke and D**ph linking up, quality players at this level. Look how many goals we scored with that triangle in the run in.

There simply isn't the quality in the final third and Jack isn't good enough or experienced enough at this level to carry the team going forward.

Grealish is suffering from having the whole of the creative impotus of a tactically clueless team on his young shoulders.

he works well with Gil but we persist in playing him alone.

yesterday he looked awful, ran into his own players and didn't appear to know what or where his role was.

he has a big future but we need to look after him and give him best support on the pitch for him to flourish.

• Like 2

This is his first season as a regular starter and we're basically putting all attacking pressure on his shoulders. If I was his dad, I'd forget about who I supported and get him to a better club a.s.a.p before we destroy the potential he has.

Yes, its true jack isn't 4 years old.

But my understanding is that his dad is also his agent. And part of an agents job is to protect and look after their client. 

Getting him away from a club like this to develop his clearly natural talent would be the best thing for grealish.

Barnett isn't a sentimental man by all accounts - he pointed out how much money Bale had missed out on by choosing to play for Wales in moving Grealish to choose England. At some point, we'll be the Ireland in that scenario I think.

He won't be the future of this club if we go down, you think his new agent will give advice a season in the championship is the best thing for him when half the premier league will be after him, especially if he starts playing for England before end of season.

We've seen it all before, we can only just manage to keep key players if we're on the edge of the top 6, no chance anyone decent will stay if we go down especially as clubs will realise they can pick him up on the relative cheap aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

Guy is clearly a talent on the ball. He will of course not be staying with us long and while he is here he is vital to us. He still has lots to learn. I thought yesterday he often slowed up play by not releasing the ball early enough and not playing with his head up.

i was surprised at how forward he was played yesterday but thought he pressed well and got involved. Did well for the goal.

Hes frustrating to watch. Has all these skills and never uses them. One on one with a defender.. He slows down to a brisk wall and does nothing or turns back. Put your aftetburners on take the defender on Traore style. Ive seen Gil do this too. Why? Are they instructed or has this been coached out of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â