The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Why is he getting so much abuse for this? He is English after all.

Not that I'm over the moon about it - he'll get tapped up eventually no doubt.

Think its mainly to do with fact Ireland have been shit in the last few years but the media has built Jack up as the next great hope of Irish football plus a lot of the same fans are idiots who criticize an Englishman playing for Ireland but have no problem ignoring their own league and supporting Man Utd or Liverpool

Sure the media have already moved onto Dan Crowley as next big Irish hope since Bamford looks like not interested either

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to football in Ireland that we cant jsut keep raiding England for players and produce some of out own, we havent produced a good Irish born player in about 10 years though high hopes for young lad at City

If we don't have a disaster of a season, I can honestly see him making the squad for the Euros.

He's totally unique in his style.

Not a chance of much playing time though with Rooney a cert to start, probably in the position Jack excels in.

Edited by Tomaszk

I see this as more a failure of Englands youth recruitment policy. Villa players do feature in the younger levels of international football for England but how do you miss or lose Grealish. 

He was born in England has a right to play for them, has chosen to do so. 

• Like 1

He'll be training with better players with England, which will benefit him.

I feel sorry for Ireland to an extent but this is always going to be an issue when it comes to ancestral background enabling which nations you can play for.  Ryan Giggs did exactly the same thing all those years ago. 

Giggs was never eligible for England though. That's a myth.

He just played for England youth teams for the fun of it?

Schooboy teams are based purely on location at the time. As he'd moved to Manchester as a child he played for England.

At full international level he was never eligible. There was a rule change in 2009 that meant he would have been eligible under the new rules.

• Like 4

Giggs was never eligible for England though. That's a myth.

He just played for England youth teams for the fun of it?

Because Giggs went to school in England he was allowed to play schoolboy football for England, he was never ever going to be able to play for England beyond that level as he never qualified to. He had to play competetive football for Wales as he was only ever eligable to play for them which is why after the age of 16 he played international games for Wales

The new Gazza

You are Sir_gary_Cahill and I claim my £5.

Hang on im confused now, SGC started this thread back in 2010, so are you SGC, is Grealish actually Gazza, or far more disturbing, did SGC actually get one of his bold predictions correct?

Re giggs, if they found Irish heritage in Andy Townsend and Clinton Morrison they definitely could've find some English heritage for giggs 

I think you just need a paperweight to prove you've been to the Guinness factory.

Â