The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I suggest you read certain articles that show the effects of binge drinking on the brains of 18/19 year olds.

Quite shocking findings tbh.

Can't have too bad an effect or I'm sure most of us here would be unable to hold down a job or function in society based on our youthful overindulgence 

• Like 1

So, we still talking about a 19 year old enjoying his vacation?

So, are we still discussing a 19 year old professional athlete who is the rising sun of our god forsaken football club, who's game depends on every inch he covers which could be the difference between relegation and safety as it was the case in the last few seasons with only 3 points between us and the championship?

(longest sentence of my life)

Thank goodness that bastion of morality Harry Redknapp has enlightened us all with his opinion.

Aston Villa youngster Jack Grealish has come under-fire from former Tottenham Hotspur and QPR boss Harry Redknapp.

Speaking the Independent he said: “Why do they have to go out and act like idiots, get drunk, falling over? They’re professional footballers.

“Jack Grealish, he’s had an excellent year, an excellent second half of the season, plays in the Cup Final and then goes and does that.

“Why do these English players have to go and get silly drunk, and lay in the street and fall over? It’s alright for his mate who’s doing it, who’s cleaning windows, if that’s the way he wants to live. But footballers, the amount of money they get, they get that money to be dedicated to their profession, to make sure that they set a good example to young kids who want to be footballers.

"I’ve got no time for players acting stupid and getting drunk, I can’t have it. That stuff has every right to be in the newspapers. Young kids looking up at him, an up and coming footballer and then they see that. I can’t have it.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-star-jack-grealish-9522724#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

This whole 'footballers setting an example' is bullsh*t, why do they need to set an example?

Every single footballer could act like an a$$hole, insult the fans, show disregard to their employers, and kids would still want to be footballers.

Not only is it the biggest sport in the world, but footballers are also way overly paid for not much work, the attraction to kids is being a name, most footballers today don't care about the sport at all, they just want the money and this is never going to change, not unless you cap wages to British minimum wage anyway.

To add to this, all football fans have a level of fickleness, they would still go to stadiums to watch their teams play, so for footballers to act like jack did, really isn't a big issue.

I think you've missed the point Andy, no one is saying that the travesty would be that kids wouldn't want to be footballers anymore. The concern is that kids will want to be like their role models, and will think it's okay to be an asshole/ drunk/ rude/ woman abuser etc etc etc

• Like 1

A pointless non-interview the transparent real purpose of which is revealed in the last line. Redknapp had an interview in the Guardian the other day as well, which was also a thinly-disguised advertorial for *bullshit product name here*. Absolutely disgusting. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Jack should just get drunk using the name of his dog. Problem solved.

A pointless non-interview the transparent real purpose of which is revealed in the last line. Redknapp had an interview in the Guardian the other day as well, which was also a thinly-disguised advertorial for *bullshit product name here*. Absolutely disgusting. 

Candles?

I think you've missed the point Andy, no one is saying that the travesty would be that kids wouldn't want to be footballers anymore. The concern is that kids will want to be like their role models, and will think it's okay to be an asshole/ drunk/ rude/ woman abuser etc etc etc

If kids think that from looking at famous people then they're being raised very poorly, and have bigger problems than what Jack Grealish gets up to on holiday

If kids think that from looking at famous people then they're being raised very poorly, and have bigger problems than what Jack Grealish gets up to on holiday

That's a bit simplistic. We are all a product of the culture we see around us.

• Like 2

That's a bit simplistic. We are all a product of the culture we see around us.

Indeed. You can't hide media from your children, it's just not possible. As a parent, I assume as I am not one, you can only educate your children so much as there are only a finite amount of hours in a day. Luckily they are also generally more intelligent than adults give them credit for!

The worst thing about this Grealish shite is that I found myself agreeing with Harry Redknapp. Ugh.  

• Like 1

Luckily they are also generally more intelligent than adults give them credit for!

This. Does nobody remember being a kid? I certainly can't remember looking at someone in the media being a bit of a tit and thinking "wow, I gotta do that because he's doing it", or looking at a footballer's off the pitch antics and caring either way. Kids aren't idiots, for the most part, if they're raised to know what's acceptable and what isn't then seeing some goon on the back pages doing something thick won't make them run out and do it

Thank goodness that bastion of morality Harry Redknapp has enlightened us all with his opinion.

Aston Villa youngster Jack Grealish has come under-fire from former Tottenham Hotspur and QPR boss Harry Redknapp.

Speaking the Independent he said: “Why do they have to go out and act like idiots, get drunk, falling over? They’re professional footballers.

“Jack Grealish, he’s had an excellent year, an excellent second half of the season, plays in the Cup Final and then goes and does that.

“Why do these English players have to go and get silly drunk, and lay in the street and fall over? It’s alright for his mate who’s doing it, who’s cleaning windows, if that’s the way he wants to live. But footballers, the amount of money they get, they get that money to be dedicated to their profession, to make sure that they set a good example to young kids who want to be footballers.

"I’ve got no time for players acting stupid and getting drunk, I can’t have it. That stuff has every right to be in the newspapers. Young kids looking up at him, an up and coming footballer and then they see that. I can’t have it.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-star-jack-grealish-9522724#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

How much work did 'Arry put into Pompey's academy. The amount of foreign overpaid shit this word removed has brought into this country that past 20 years and he has the gall to set there and points fingers at why this nation is underperforming.

word removed.

• Like 1

Luckily they are also generally more intelligent than adults give them credit for!

This. Does nobody remember being a kid? I certainly can't remember looking at someone in the media being a bit of a tit and thinking "wow, I gotta do that because he's doing it", or looking at a footballer's off the pitch antics and caring either way. Kids aren't idiots, for the most part, if they're raised to know what's acceptable and what isn't then seeing some goon on the back pages doing something thick won't make them run out and do it
I don't disagree with this, but there are unfortunately an awful lot of thick parents in the world. The ones who take their kids to Maccys for tea everyday, or let young kids watch and view things that they shouldn't be exposed to for many years, and these are the kids that, if lead down the wrong path, could struggle to separate what is right from what isn't.

All I was saying is that you WILL always have people copying their peers and thinking "he did it, so I might do it!", even if it's not the majority, it happens.

FWIW, what I said wasn't even to do with Grealish. It was in response to a hypothetical post where someone said that kids don't want to copy footballers because of their attitude, they want to copy them to earn the money/ be famous/ etc.

even when unemployed he is tapping up players

Having spent most of my life enjoying pi** ups in bars and night clubs.....I find it a bit double standardsish but I'm with Harry Redknapp.

He is not the same as us....He has a privileged job, and is fortunate to get huge sums of money at a young age, for sure he is allowed in enjoy himself and let his hair down after tough season, but he is not a normal 19 year old, he is high profile.

I guess very few of us would fancy going in to the operating theatre with a doctor who has been seen during his holidays lying in the road intoxicated.....don't do much for your reputation does it.

Look most of us have nothing to lose at 19 .....He does.

Furthermore, I want to see the boy develop in to a disciplined, determined, football player, who plays with the responsibility of producing results for us and enjoys the trappings of success off the field by taking a element of that discipline home.

Sorry, for being in the minority, but until we start getting some of that discipline back....I think its going to be a long wait for success.

• Like 1

Â