The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Richard does have a point though, if this was Nzog or Darren Bent I doubt their would so be much support for either of them and there would be burning effigies outside VP ;)

In Richard's defence he is suggesting another youngster even though I'd like to think all the youngsters would be judged the same re- behaviour. There is no argument that a senior player would not get the same leeway, nor should he.

Maybe I'm not done!

Why shouldn't a senior player get the same leeway? Not sure I understand. Is Jack Grealish not a professional footballer?

He chose this profession.

There will be players ,far senior players to Jack, doing this type of thing if not worse. They just know how to play the game or the media just couldn't care less about them.

Or they won't be unconscious in the middle of the road in a foreign country. It's 100% jacks fault that he's no getting this negative attention.

I don't think he's a disgrace but I absolutely think he should be taking better care of his body and his public image, the club pay him handsomely to do both.

I'm surprised at the level of support myself, but this debate has gotten silly now, people are being mocked mercilessly for not "towing the party line".

But then, because Villa Talk!

No, people are being mocked for being drama queens.

Nobody is being mocked for thinking he's done a bad thing.

Hmmm. Not sure I agree. I also don't think it's very fair to label somebody a drama queen for having a strong opinion that is the opposite to yours.

I'm not labelling someone a drama queen for having a different opinion to me. Plenty of people sit on the same side of the debate as Richard and aren't drama queens.

Calling Jack Grealish a disgrace and saying he's brought shame on the club for getting pissed once is being a drama queen. And that's putting it nicely.

The same way as someone saying he's done nothing wrong and is in fact the greatest legend that Aston Villa has ever seen would be being a drama queen even though they'd sit on the same side of the debate as me.

It's a melodramatic and exaggerated opinion, even if the roots of the opinion are sensible.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Unfortunately for Jack the red tops are on his case now. The first incident was pretty stupid given he is a professional footballer but as a number have said it no doubt happens more often than is reported. To get 'caught' a matter of a few days later is really stupid as its clearly failed to dawn on him that he is now firmly in the public eye and a picture can be on social media in literally seconds. Ok lots of young lads behave exactly the same and I know I did some pretty daft things at that age but he needs to lean from his mistakes. If this is symptomatic of how he is going to behave going forward it may be a problem but I doubt it. 

He is still a great prospect but no more than that at the moment. Personally I don't care as long as he delivers on the pitch for us next season. 

My fear is this behaviour is indicative of his personality, takes a lot more than just raw talent to succeed at the top level these days, how many young players show great promise, believe the hype and either disappear or grind out an average career.  

I really hope and pray he and his mates don't think he has 'made it' already, as the reality is he's a kid with great potential but has achieved pretty much nothing, he has a lot more hard work ahead of him if he is to realise his full potential.

I don't begrudge him time to unwind post season, but honestly he needs to mature / smarten up quickly and really think about the situations he puts himself in, even more so now he is a prime tabloid target.  And how many young school kids look up to him already?  Get p!ssed by all means but don't flaunt it in pathetic selfie pictures dude or pass out in the street...

My fear is this behaviour is indicative of his personality, takes a lot more than just raw talent to succeed at the top level these days, how many young players show great promise, believe the hype and either disappear or grind out an average career.

I really hope and pray he and his mates don't think he has 'made it' already, as the reality is he's a kid with great potential but has achieved pretty much nothing, he has a lot more hard work ahead of him if he is to realise his full potential.

I don't begrudge him time to unwind post season, but honestly he needs to mature / smarten up quickly and really think about the situations he puts himself in, even more so now he is a prime tabloid target. And how many young school kids look up to him already? Get p!ssed by all means but don't flaunt it in pathetic selfie pictures dude or pass out in the street...

Not sure if still the case but he did regulary pick his sister up from school and did have all the kids rush over to him

He will go one of two ways, either he will get serious about his career and knock this sort of thing on its head or he will follow the party lifestyle and drift into obscurity like Michael Johnson and countless other promising young players. 

He will go one of two ways, either he will get serious about his career and knock this sort of thing on its head or he will follow the party lifestyle and drift into obscurity like Michael Johnson and countless other promising young players. 

didnt Michael Johnson suffer from major depression? Edit:looked like pressure/depression/injuries hit him which made him drink a lot. so its bit unfair to label him in that type of category iyam

Nearly every single serious football has been getting wankered recent week or two as theyre on holiday...Having a 2 week bender on Off season is not going to be difference between make or break

Edited by gharperr

didnt Michael Johnson suffer from major depression? Edit:looked like pressure/depression/injuries hit him which made him drink a lot. so its bit unfair to label him in that type of category iyam

Nearly every single serious football has been getting wankered recent week or two as theyre on holiday...Having a 2 week bender on Off season is not going to be difference between make or break

No not necessarily but it could be the difference. When you are a professional athlete the smallest margins make the difference.

What jack is doing may not have a massive impact on his development but it certainly won't have a positive one.

• Like 1

No not necessarily but it could be the difference. When you are a professional athlete the smallest margins make the difference.

What jack is doing may not have a massive impact on his development but it certainly won't have a positive one.

it will be negligible. Theres a reason why theres preseason.

im still slightly confused what people thought footballers did in Off season if theyre getting outraged/getting all hyperbole at him drinking?

Edited by gharperr

im still slightly confused what people thought footballers did in Off season if theyre getting outraged/getting all hyperbole at him drinking?

Nobody's really outraged and you're very mislead if you think all footballers are just getting battered.

As I posted earlier, I for one know that danny rose is down the gym everyday. I've know idea what he gets up to at other times but he certainly doesnt resemble someone who is hungover.

A lot of them don't drink.

As I said previously, it's the excess.

Grealish can do whatever he likes.  He's created a negative image around himself but it won't matter to fans as long as he's performing on the pitch etc.

However, I'm quite surprised that someone with their entire career ahead of them (and assumed "dream job), who is yet to complete even half a season of regular starts, would act so irresponsibly.  Apparently most other people would do this too.  I also find that surprising.

• Like 2

There's no amount of boozing a 19 year old professional athlete can do in a couple of weeks during the off season that won't be undone within his first week back training.

Also, there's nothing to say he's not taking in a 10k run every day before he heads out on the piss. Nothing to say he IS either, but the guy's an athlete in top fitness and at an age where boozing has very little affect.

If he's still at it in his mod 20s, he'll have an issue later in his career but once he's keeping it to preseason it really shouldn't matter how much he drinks

Next season is absolutely massive for Jack. Really want to see if he can push on.

Should be aiming for five league goals.

I suggest you read certain articles that show the effects of binge drinking on the brains of 18/19 year olds.

Quite shocking findings tbh.

Got any links to a few?

Â